Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 AM

88,234 posts, read 84,175,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
I get your point and also find Woodrow LI's description of Muslims lacking some real world validity. Maybe that's a failing on my part. I dunno. But do you believe that God had no progeny? From a previous post by Woodrow, you would also have to believe that Jesus was not the Son of God. I read that pretty carefully cause I wondered if the description could apply to me!
Correct. That was one of the first issues that caused Islam to reject Christianity in its formative years--the idea of One God in three separate manifestations or personas. They declare this to be polytheism from their POV, although any Christian would tell you he or she believes in only one God. To them, Jesus was the greatest prophet who did not die on the cross but was taken up into heaven and will return to lead the faithful at the end of time--but not an incarnation of God.

The problem with some of the the non-Woodrow versions of Islam is that they are intertwined with the cultural features of the places in which Islam has taken hold so that the adherents do not see any distinction between the two.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-16-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:33 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,487,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
I get your point and also find Woodrow LI's description of Muslims lacking some real world validity. Maybe that's a failing on my part. I dunno. But do you believe that God had no progeny? From a previous post by Woodrow, you would also have to believe that Jesus was not the Son of God. I read that pretty carefully cause I wondered if the description could apply to me!
Well, I asked him for clarification because he seems to be contradicting himself.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,465,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I asked him for clarification because he seems to be contradicting himself.
I hope this does not come across as an insult because I do not intend it that way. But I believe that his religion choice is more of a fashion statement than a truly deep understanding. He also mentioned that he was descended from the Golden Horde which is similar in certain European countries to Americans who claim they "have a little Indian" in them. An astonishing amount of people that make this claim are proven to be mistaken by DNA results. Of course it is quite possible that Woodrow had his DNA checked and came back with some Mongel in him, but how can that tell his ancestors were from the Golden Horde? Seems to be a romanticized version?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,487,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I hope this does not come across as an insult because I do not intend it that way. But I believe that his religion choice is more of a fashion statement than a truly deep understanding. He also mentioned that he was descended from the Golden Horde which is similar in certain European countries to Americans who claim they "have a little Indian" in them. An astonishing amount of people that make this claim are proven to be mistaken by DNA results. Of course it is quite possible that Woodrow had his DNA checked and came back with some Mongel in him, but how can that tell his ancestors were from the Golden Horde? Seems to be a romanticized version?
I agree. Many converts to any religion see the idealized version rather than the gritty reality.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:05 AM

381 posts, read 275,722 times
Never had a friend who was muslim as i have plenty of people of my own persuasion to be friends with. Even if i worked with one i would not be their best bud and hang out with them.We have nothing in common.Never felt the need to be a multi cultural person.See how well that is working out.There is no solution to this problem.If we do nothing they will take over eventually by population growth and if we strike back we risk a huge war between civilizations.Either scenario sucks.

Last edited by silverhead; 11-16-2015 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 11-16-2015, 09:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,509,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
If it is just a small percentage why or millions fleeing them? I mean if it was 1 in a 100 the other 99 would not flee, they would stop that person and detain, imprison or kill the person.
The rebels attacked and dismantled the local security in Syria. The CIA-backed paramilitaries staged 75 raids on Syrian police in 2011-2012. Police are no match for paramilitary forces and their military weaponry. Eventually, it turned into a proxy war between FSA/ISIS/AQ and the Syrian government forces.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:14 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,362,872 times
Simply put, we must eradicate these #$%$ like the vermin that they are. They seek refuge in places like schools, hospitals and offices so that when they are bombed, they blame us for being murderers of the innocent. This is double talking hogwash. They murder indiscriminately and then say it is Allah's will, when we retaliate, we are the infidels and barbaric murderers. Here's a tip for you politically correct weak minded pansies. They will never stop, they will never give up, and they will never surrender. They must be eliminated at all levels no matter the cost, no matter the innocent, no matter what!

Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,277,970 times
Following Islam is becoming extremist to some point.
When I was in college, I had some international muslim friends.
Now at work, I have some muslim friends.
Nice people, friendly and so on... but on occasions when discussion on religion or of imaginary person who can fly or talk to imaginary God comes, they all become really alert, afraid and think some imaginary being is right next to them and watching them.
That's extremism as something imaginary affects their real daily life.
I have a religion but I'm not afraid of my religion and my faith.
Muslims are brainwashed from the childhood.
Once brainwashed, they can be brainwashed again and that's how all these normal muslims are becoming extremists but if you think it through, they are already religious extremists.
Those retards are asking for prayer rooms at work and even at CU Boulder. I don't hear christians asking for prayer rooms neither sikhs nor hindus nor buddhists. Only these religious extremists want their medieval religion to take over everywhere.
It's like every single muslim is a priest or pope that whole life is dependent upon faith.

If you don't call that extremism, then you are in the dark.
Muslims are nice only in those places where what they want is already there or where they are very small minority and they know nothing can happen with their number.

Islam along with many other religions is medieval religion except other religions leave that to medieval era and just follow for mental peace while Islam follows that to this day and age for blowing into pieces.
It's a cancer. If treatment is not working, time to chop the whole hand.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:17 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,913,151 times
I can NOT imagine going out with spouse or family and coming home alone with their blood and brains all over my clothes...how do you even carry on and live the rest of your life....

can you imagine watching a young child die like this, powerless to stop it...I couldn't live with it, it would destroy me...there would be no point going on...unless...revenge...yeah I could see seeking revenge

this crap is not gonna stop, powers that be and authorities can point fingers and exploit political agendas...cops can come after its over with yellow tape and body bags...the ONLY thing that's gonna stop this is ARMED citizens...

get armed, trained...any shooting range offers basic safety and advanced training...you don't have to become a nutter Rambo living in the woods...just realize the sops cant help you

these evil brainwashed maniacs can NOT take on the USA or other military...they cant...so they are bringing the war to the people...

they pop out, blow something up or shoot up a crowd, and slink away...even if they ARE killed, the brains behind it are most likely in hiding, already working out the next attack...

I will stop there as my other solutions are NOT politically correct...even at this point imo many people still want to hide their heads in the sand and not place blame where blame belongs...that would be too ugly...sigh

Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,260,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I can NOT imagine going out with spouse or family and coming home alone with their blood and brains all over my clothes...how do you even carry on and live the rest of your life....

can you imagine watching a young child die like this, powerless to stop it...I couldn't live with it, it would destroy me...there would be no point going on...unless...revenge...yeah I could see seeking revenge

this crap is not gonna stop, powers that be and authorities can point fingers and exploit political agendas...cops can come after its over with yellow tape and body bags...the ONLY thing that's gonna stop this is ARMED citizens...

get armed, trained...any shooting range offers basic safety and advanced training...you don't have to become a nutter Rambo living in the woods...just realize the sops cant help you

these evil brainwashed maniacs can NOT take on the USA or other military...they cant...so they are bringing the war to the people...

they pop out, blow something up or shoot up a crowd, and slink away...even if they ARE killed, the brains behind it are most likely in hiding, already working out the next attack...

I will stop there as my other solutions are NOT politically correct...even at this point imo many people still want to hide their heads in the sand and not place blame where blame belongs...that would be too ugly...sigh
Honestly..all they have to do is take down the grid.
Most would be dead within 1 week..2 tops with looting.

No electric = no water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events