Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 08:44 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
IMO, the ONLY way we will win the war on Isis, is if peaceful Muslims start helping. They HAVE to start ratting out the terrorists and anything they see or hear, even family members or friends.

IMO, it is like a bunch of kids standing around in a circle watching a bully beating up a kid. They are JUST as guilty by standing by and doing nothing.
They get paid good bucks to do just that in the U.S. Remember ZazI and the plots to blow up the NYC subway and a target in the U.K. in 2009? That was partly foiled because an Imam at Zazi's mosque was an NYPD informant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If thats the case the Syrian conflict wouldnt exist at all. ( If the majority sect allowed a Minority sect to rule the nation)
Sadly the the fact we have no central leader is a reason ISIS was able to get into power.

If one tries to divide us into sects you will need to place us into 1.7 billion different sects..

Old 11-18-2015, 09:51 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
On a similar note my wife has been told to go back home several times. We find it a bit amusing as she is Native American (Cheyenne)
I do feel a lot of compassion for those who are innocent yet will pay for the sins of others regardless. I always after an incident like this, think how awful it must be for law-abiding and peaceful Muslims living here, who hate these acts just as much as anyone else but will be lumped in with the terrorists anyway.

I had a good friend years ago who was black, and I remember watching TV with her once and a story came on about a horrific crime, and she was just praying under her breath it wasn't a black person who committed the crime, because unfortunately she suffered for the crimes of others in her daily life.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:42 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
IMO, the ONLY way we will win the war on Isis, is if peaceful Muslims start helping. They HAVE to start ratting out the terrorists and anything they see or hear, even family members or friends.

IMO, it is like a bunch of kids standing around in a circle watching a bully beating up a kid. They are JUST as guilty by standing by and doing nothing.
As someone that lives in LA, I think that plan will work just about as well as the idea that they can get rid of Mexican Mafia and MS13 by relying on the good people in their neighborhoods to rat out the gang members. They have tried that for years but the gangs threaten to kill people's entire families back in Mexico or El Salvador if they rat them out so people keep their mouths shut. Their is not a big enough incentive for people to rat out the terrorist that outweighs the potential problems for them and their family if they do say something.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:55 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
As someone that lives in LA, I think that plan will work just about as well as the idea that they can get rid of Mexican Mafia and MS13 by relying on the good people in their neighborhoods to rat out the gang members. They have tried that for years but the gangs threaten to kill people's entire families back in Mexico or El Salvador if they rat them out so people keep their mouths shut. Their is not a big enough incentive for people to rat out the terrorist that outweighs the potential problems for them and their family if they do say something.
Then we need to MAKE a big enough incentive, and offer protection for them and their families.

I would think that a natural incentive should be for them to want hate crimes against the innocent (muslim and non-muslim) to cease. The hate crimes against muslims are going to increase tenfold, just because they are muslim.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:14 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
Sadly the the fact we have no central leader is a reason ISIS was able to get into power.

If one tries to divide us into sects you will need to place us into 1.7 billion different sects..
This is a farce. You make this statement when it is convenient then you make specific satements like Islam is peaceful or this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/41981475-post435.html

when it is convenient. You cannot have it both ways. THIS is why I do not wish to deal with most Muslims.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:15 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Updated: 1:02 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015 | Posted: 12:26 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015Reports: Abdelhamid Abaaoud, suspected Paris attacks ringleader, killed in raid
- See more at: Reports: Abdelhamid Abaaoud, suspected Paris attacks... | www.actionnewsjax.com

Seems they got the ringleader.

And another one bites the dust.

Too bad it was after they took out all those people.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:40 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Then we need to MAKE a big enough incentive, and offer protection for them and their families.

I would think that a natural incentive should be for them to want hate crimes against the innocent (muslim and non-muslim) to cease. The hate crimes against muslims are going to increase tenfold, just because they are muslim.
How much incentive does it take to let your family live in fear? Would you testify against the Mafia? I myself would not, regardless of "incentive" because it's been shown time and again the police can't protect people even here who try to testify, it happens in inner city areas all the time, someone tries to do the right thing against gangs and the police are no help..look at the little 9 year old lured into an alley and killed as revenge recently....you think these people can be protected from THESE guys??

I wouldn't do it, just saying. I'd take my chances with hate crimes versus watching my children get beheaded.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:05 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,723,135 times
You're clearly very knowledgeable about Islam, but I have to point two things out--one minor, one more relevant. First: The action of doing anything is a noun, not a verb. Islam is submission to God; therefore, it's a noun. (Plenty of nouns describe actions--management, acceptance, issuance, observation, etc.)

Bigger point: If Islam entails only the sincere belief in the things you stated, then it's very similar to mainline and evangelical Protestant Christianity. The latter believes in "salvation through faith alone"--that if you believe Christ is the son of God and his death the sacrifice for man's sins, which you accept in repentance for your own, then you are by definition a Christian.

According to those denominations, there is no other requirement to be a Christian, even though church attendance is encouraged and it's presumed that belief in the aforementioned will result in good works.

Quote:
If you want to view Islam as being a religion in the English concept of Christian than you will have to identify every one of us as a separate religion. Islam is a verb, it means the action of submitting to God(swt) to the best of our abilities and knowledge. As we all have different levels of ability and knowledge, no 2 people perform Islam exactly the same.

There are no required central teachings in Islam. If a person desires to be a Muslim and their only knowledge of Islam is their belief that there is only one God, who has no equals, partners nor progeny and only He is to be worshiped. Their intent and sincerity makes them a Muslim and they are equal in Islam to the most knowledgable Islamic scholar.

If a person-believes the following is true:

They believe 2/3 of the Qur'anic message.

If a person understands that Surah and this Surah:

They understand the full message of the Qur'an. The remainder of the Qur'an simply explains the Hows and whys.

We do not 'Join" Islam. We have no membership as churches do. It is possible to be a Muslim and never even see a mosque or another Muslim. That actually happens fairly often. Especially among people in non-Islamic nations, who find Islam.

There is no excommunication in Islam, because there is no joining of an institution, organization, church etc. Being Muslim is a personal act and all who do the act of Islam of their own free will and with sincerity are Muslim. No ritual, dues, fees, tithes, oaths, pledges, membership requirements, or formalities involved.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:31 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,412,847 times

high pucker factor.

French police fired 5k rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events