Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 08:21 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
It's not the World Trade Center, those got demolished in the attacks in 2011.

That is the Empire State Building and who's to say, they took it upon themselves to show solidarity with Paris?

I do agree to get ISIS.
Yes, the spire of One World Trade Center is lit blue white and red. Also, I assume you meant 2001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Are you kidding me? The WTC was rebuilt!!! (sigh)
Yes it was rebuilt, only it's called The Freedom Tower.

It's not the WTC anymore, that went down on 9/11/01.

Last edited by Amythyst; 11-14-2015 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: error in year

Old 11-14-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:

It's not the WTC anymore, that went down on 9/11/11.
The complex is still called the World Trade Center and the buildings are still named 1 through 6 World Trade Center. I'm not sure if there will be a 7th again. The "Freedom Tower" is actually no longer technically called that, its official name is 1 WTC, like the old North Tower. They thought the name "Freedom Tower" would bring too much unwanted attention aka terrorism. It's a target enough...

I've been inside 4 WTC myself.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yes, the spire of One World Trade Center is lit blue white and red. Also, I assume you meant 2001.

Yes I did mean 2001.
Quote:

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo directed all state law enforcement to “remain vigilant”
following the series of terror attacks in Paris Friday night.

“The New York State Police, the New York State Intelligence Center and the
Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services are actively monitoring the
situation for any implications in New York State and remain in constant
communication with their local and federal partners,” he said.

He also directed the lights of One World Trade Center’s spire to be lit up
blue, white and red in solidarity with France. Also known as the “Freedom
Tower,” the skyscraper was built as a tribute to the World Trade Center towers
that were destroyed in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Cuomo directs police to be vigilant, lights of Freedom Tower lit up blue, white and red - City & Region - The Buffalo News

Old 11-14-2015, 08:33 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
I don't quite understand. Why didn't anyone shoot back? Thousands and thousands of people and not one pulling their conceal? What's wrong with people. Fight back.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

It's not the WTC anymore, that went down on 9/11/01.
Um, no. It is not called the Freedom Tower. That was a name a NY governor tagged on it for his political purposes and it was dumped around 2008, when One WTC was still under construction. It is now open and occupied. Four WTC is also completed and occupied. Three WTC is close to completion. Two was just redesigned but construction has not yet begun.

The PATH station is the World Trade Center station. That NEVER changed.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Yes, notice how it also says "One World Trade Center."

You're technically not wrong, colloquially it is often still referred to as the Freedom Tower but the site's official name is still the World Trade Center and the buildings still are named officially by number like the old ones were. Trust me, New York is my city... I know what I'm talking about.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
One cannot blame all Muslims for the acts of these fanatical extremists. I don't believe taking out all Mosques would make anything better.

There has to be a way of ridding this planet with those who seek to cause havoc and destruction using Religion as their weapon of choice. There is no God that I would believe would instill this terror as this ISIS does.

I do not believe their "God" allows the killing of innocents.
I understand your logic BUT, all people will be afraid of Muslims now. You can't erase the horror and terror just for the sake of political correctness. Words make little difference, emotions take over. If Muslims don't like the comparison they really need to start taking action within their communities and religion to rid it of terrorists. This is the only way they will free themselves from the association now. People will be afraid of them.

I hear the dem debate will now be rewritten to focus on terror and what they will do about it.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I don't quite understand. Why didn't anyone shoot back? Thousands and thousands of people and not one pulling their conceal? What's wrong with people. Fight back.

They had no weapons, how can you fight back against automatic gunfire or executing folks they had hostage.

French Police did storm the stadium, all of those cowards blew themselves up, not one willing to face arrest.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I understand your logic BUT, all people will be afraid of Muslims now. You can't erase the horror and terror just for the sake of political correctness. Words make little difference, emotions take over. If Muslims don't like the comparison they really need to start taking action within their communities and religion to rid it of terrorists. This is the only way they will free themselves from the association now. People will be afraid of them.

I hear the dem debate will now be rewritten to focus on terror and what they will do about it.
I wasn't "afraid of Muslims" post 9-11, and I'm not afraid of "Muslims" now, either ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events