Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 PM

29,520 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure something had to set off that clerk, these things don't happen in a vacuum. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids were running amok, I can't stand noisy little brats and the 'parents' that enable them.

Moms Kicked Out of Dollar Store Over Kids' Behavior

Quote:
Two mothers who were kicked out of a dollar store claim they were mistreated by a clerk who they recorded screaming at them to leave.

Monica Briones and Holly Montellano have four children each, and they brought all eight kids on a shopping trip to the King Dollar in Angleton, Texas. But their outing ended quickly when a store clerk shrieked at the two women to take their children and leave. Montellano recorded the argument that followed and posted it on Facebook on Nov. 8 — it has been viewed more than 35,000 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iViSjwelGw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:46 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
The clerk seems like she just completely lost her cool with the women and the 8 kids in the store. From what I saw, it seemed like the kids were just out of control (what the other witness said) and the two mothers were not doing much to control the 8 kids running around the store. It is aggravating to other shoppers (and store workers) when kids are running loose, whining, or having tantrums. I have a kid of my own and when she was younger, we did have to leave a store on one occasion due to her having a 'terrible two' moment--I took her out of the store because I figured that nobody there wanted to hear a kid starting to have a tantrum and besides, if she couldn't behave that day...then she needed to go back home. It must have worked because she didn't do it again.

Parents need to set expectations with their kids on how to behave in public. I have seen plenty of well-mannered children out in public but also see kids that parents ignore while they run around getting into everything, whine, have tantrums or otherwise misbehave. It sounds like to me that the two mothers in the incident above simply did not give a flying crap about the other people in the store and felt it was not their issue if their kids were acting up. They might be the type of clueless parents who don't even recognize that their kids are obnoxious or poorly behaved. At any rate, hopefully this incident will be a wakeup call for them.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:38 PM

500 posts, read 583,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm pretty sure something had to set off that clerk, these things don't happen in a vacuum. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids were running amok, I can't stand noisy little brats and the 'parents' that enable them.

Moms Kicked Out of Dollar Store Over Kids' Behavior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iViSjwelGw

Hmmmm

1. 8 small kids
2. 2 single moms
3. At least 1 of the baby daddy's is in prison
4. Claims she has "no one to watch them. No one. I am it"
5. Works 3 jobs
6. Wait, she works 3 jobs? Who watches the kids then?
7. Claims "what does it matter if they were misbehaving"
8. Hint, bet she is on welfare.
9. We paid for those tattoos.

AH! So they were probably destroying things and making it hard for other shoppers as it appears
their mother is not going to be winning mother of the year.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
Hmmmm

1. 8 small kids
2. 2 single moms
3. At least 1 of the baby daddy's is in prison
4. Claims she has "no one to watch them. No one. I am it"
5. Works 3 jobs
6. Wait, she works 3 jobs? Who watches the kids then?
7. Claims "what does it matter if they were misbehaving"
8. Hint, bet she is on welfare.
9. We paid for those tattoos.

AH! So they were probably destroying things and making it hard for other shoppers as it appears
their mother is not going to be winning mother of the year.
You forgot the manicures, what do you call those ugly long fake nails trashy people wear?

Of course they were destroying the store and anybody familiar with those dollar stores knows employees there get exploited and have to do several tasks. It's very common that the cashiers not only have to scan customer's items but they also have to stock, organize and clean the store.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 PM

500 posts, read 583,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You forgot the manicures, what do you call those ugly long fake nails trashy people wear?

Of course they were destroying the store and anybody familiar with those dollar stores knows employees there get exploited and have to do several tasks. It's very common that the cashiers not only have to scan customer's items but they also have to stock, organize and clean the store.
I did not even make it to the nails.

This was not even a well know dollar store like Dollar General or Family Dollar.
Yes, that is typically the case with the employees having to basically "do it all".
They are a stores that are run on a budget, why it is a dollar store.

Betting they had seen them before and already been put on the workers "watch" list.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:30 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
The clerk seems like she just completely lost her cool with the women and the 8 kids in the store. From what I saw, it seemed like the kids were just out of control (what the other witness said) and the two mothers were not doing much to control the 8 kids running around the store. It is aggravating to other shoppers (and store workers) when kids are running loose, whining, or having tantrums. I have a kid of my own and when she was younger, we did have to leave a store on one occasion due to her having a 'terrible two' moment--I took her out of the store because I figured that nobody there wanted to hear a kid starting to have a tantrum and besides, if she couldn't behave that day...then she needed to go back home. It must have worked because she didn't do it again.

Parents need to set expectations with their kids on how to behave in public. I have seen plenty of well-mannered children out in public but also see kids that parents ignore while they run around getting into everything, whine, have tantrums or otherwise misbehave. It sounds like to me that the two mothers in the incident above simply did not give a flying crap about the other people in the store and felt it was not their issue if their kids were acting up. They might be the type of clueless parents who don't even recognize that their kids are obnoxious or poorly behaved. At any rate, hopefully this incident will be a wakeup call for them.
Almost sounds like she was looking for a slip and fall payout. Have little Bobby Bastard go wild, climbing on a shelf and pull a roll of toilet paper on his head and claim brain damage.

Clerk shouldn't have escalated it, however. ask them to leave, they refuse... Call the cops, have them removed and issued a no trespass order.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:54 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph
The clerk seems like she just completely lost her cool with the women and the 8 kids in the store
I sort of dont blame her........ PARENTS THAT CANT/WONT KEEP THIER KIDS IN CONTROL SHOULD NOT IN A CALM STORE!! (That kind of behaviour can shy off business)

Old 11-18-2015, 05:00 AM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I wish more stores would do this.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:12 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wish more stores would do this.
I agree that they will probably sue. Does anyone else see future legal issues involving these kids?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:41 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
I wonder how many fathers those 8 kids have, collectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events