Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:30 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Are you sure about that?

Turkey and Israel Are Directly Supporting ISIS and Al Qaeda Terrorists In Syria Washington's Blog

And no I'm not an anti-Semite. I have to time to be anti anything.
If you read the article the heading is not what the article states. The article talks about Israel treating injured "Rebels" who are near their border. Rebels are not ISIS. Turkey has been treating any wounded fighters, no matter their side. It is part of their humanitarian effort that many of its citizens do not like.

As to your post about the US and UK messing up your home country the Former British Guyana, now the independent Guyana. As a Brit, I have always thought we had no right to rule or be in any other country's business. And I will be the first to criticize them for this and other misguided decisions they've made. However, to blame the UK for its dysfunction is a leap considering how long it has had independence. There has been longtime bad blood between its residents of African, and Indian origin. And a bit of nepotism and corruption along the way in its leadership. I am not sure how the UK was able to make this happen years after they pulled out?

Last edited by RaleighLass; 11-15-2015 at 06:40 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 06:35 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I do not take pleasure or rejoice in the injury, death or destruction of any group or any country whether it's France, Syria, the US, Israel, Turkey, the UK ... I harbor no malice against any religion.

I won't live to see it in my lifetime, but I'm sure 500 years from now our descendents - if any are still alive on this planet - are going to look back on history and say "could you believe our primitive ancestors went around killing each other because of religion?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
These nutjobs blame the Jews for everything. It goes way back when the Plague of the Black Death was blamed on the Jews.
Well, no on everything else, but the Jews did formulate black death

Old 11-15-2015, 06:45 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
If you read the article the heading is not what the article states. The article talks about Israel treating injured "Rebels" who are near their border. Rebels are not ISIS. Turkey has been treating any wounded fighters, no matter their side. It is part of their humanitarian effort that many of its citizens do not like.

As to your post about the US and UK messing up your home country the Former British Guyana, now the independent Guyana. As a Brit, I have always thought we had no right to rule or be in any other country's business. And I will be the first to criticize them for this and other misguided decisions they've made. However, to blame the UK for its dysfunction is a leap considering how long it has had independence. There has been longtime bad blood between its residents of African, and Indian origin. And a bit of nepotism and corruption along the way in its leadership. I am not sure how the UK was able to make this happen years after they pulled out?
It was during the political process of independence. Kennedy was also involved and worried about another Cuba taking place. Everything went downhill for the country. Also my home country is the USA, not Guyana. I also have American roots as well. But again that's another story for another thread, unless you want to talk about Jim Jones who dragged 900 Americans into suicide in the Amazon jungle of Guyana?

To be frank, America does a good job picking up daddies poop across the globe.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-15-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, I'm 1000% certain Israel isn't funding groups dedicated to destroying Israel. I'm equally certain you're an anti-Semite.
Lol keep saying that.

I'm no where shape or form anti-semetic or anti-Zionist.

Isis is enemies with Iran and Syria, the very same countries who are enemies of Israel.

UN Report Reveals How Israel is Coordinating with ISIS Militants Inside Syria

Also Israel is not mainly Jewish. Israel has a large Muslim population who probably supports or sympathize with Isis, and will use Israeli funds to finance their campaigns.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:00 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol keep saying that.

I'm no where shape or form anti-semetic or anti-Zionist.

Isis is enemies with Iran and Syria, the very same countries who are enemies of Israel.

UN Report Reveals How Israel is Coordinating with ISIS Militants Inside Syria

Also Israel is not mainly Jewish. Israel has a large Muslim population who probably supports or sympathize with Isis, and will use Israeli funds to finance their campaigns.
Israel IS mainly Jewish, it's the majority. Muslims, along with Christians, are minorities.

Israel generally does not like its Palestinian residents. Most are poor and do not get a good education, and live in much poorer and worse off areas. They have representatives in the Knesset, of course, but generally Israel does not treat Palestinians well. As they grow in number, that may have to change. Israel itself will not fund radical Islamic campaigns, but if Palestinians living in Israel do, that is out of Israel's control. The most they could do at that point would be to somehow put a stop to it.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:02 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Indonesia and Somalia are known for that too. They say its never too late for FGM in those countries
Oh Geeze. That made me face-palm and smile. Have you ever seen the play " The Book of Mormon?" it touches on that issue, and poor Arnold the missionary says " I don't even know what that is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a nice thing to do to a lady" in a panicked voice.

Great play. It was crude, blasphemous, touching, and ultimately uplifting.

The Mormons took it well, too. They took out a full page ad in our local play book that said " you've seen the play. Now read the book. " with offers of a free copy of the Book of Mormon.

Genital mutilation is NOT In the Koran, though. That's some twisted cultural stuff.

Wouldn't it be great if the Muslims could learn to take a joke the way the Mormons did? No one went all Charlie Hebdo or anything. If Islam is ever to be reformed, they have to learn to take the stick out of their collective asses.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Well, you need to go back to the chessboard. You seem to have a few pieces missing.

Israel had so far stayed clear of mess in Syria. There's a good reason for it. It's called Hamas. For the past 3 years Hamas has been fighting alongside the rebels to overthrow Al-Assad. Hamas getting a foothold in Syria like they did in Lebanon is going to be bad for Israel. Al-Assad is an enemy but he hasn't been much of a threat for a long time. Helping the rebels or helping the regime is equally bad for the Israelis. So far they've been doing two things, mainly - providing medical help to both the wounded rebels and the Syrian army personnel who approach Israeli outposts, and returning fire at whomever fires into Israeli territory, again without any distinction between the rebels or the Syrian forces.

There's also been some serious behind the scenes communication between Israel and Russia. Rather uncharacteristically for a Russian leader, Putin had maintained a pretty good relationship with Israel since he came into office. Obama, as we all know, has had rather bad relationship, I suspect due to the personal issues between him and Bibi (who pretty much grew up in States, and is longtime friends with some high ranking Republicans, him and Romney worked together in an investment firm in their 20s). So it's likely that Putin was able to persuade Bibi that helping to overthrow Al-Assad is not in anyone's best interests at the time, and Obama was unable to persuade the Israelis otherwise.

Are you on crack, crystal meth or heroin? I really want to know. Israel is involved in the conflict in Syria. Israel aids rebels, Israel also bombs Hezzbollah who reside in Syrian government territory.

This source is from the Washignton Post. Hamas is mainly in Gaza strip area, however Palestinian refugees do live in Syria though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5a7_story.html

Russia's "No-Fly Zone" Prevents US, Israel, UK From Bombing Syria

Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Israel IS mainly Jewish, it's the majority. Muslims, along with Christians, are minorities.

Israel generally does not like its Palestinian residents. Most are poor and do not get a good education, and live in much poorer and worse off areas. They have representatives in the Knesset, of course, but generally Israel does not treat Palestinians well. As they grow in number, that may have to change. Israel itself will not fund radical Islamic campaigns, but if Palestinians living in Israel do, that is out of Israel's control. The most they could do at that point would be to somehow put a stop to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb6IiSUxpgw

Old 11-15-2015, 07:33 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
Just a thought- these terrorist are horrible at claiming their cause. If you are going to kill people and blow yourself up, at least leave a note or a last shout out. Lunatics and nut jobs will be coming out of the woodwork to take credit and make conspiracy theories.
These "people" want deaths, not credit. Their nihilistic agenda seeks only carnage on a large scale. Has ISIS made a list of demands at any time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events