Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:09 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Difficult to say since this is happening in a country already in an internal conflict.

After all, what if this incident was in the Philippines with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (yes, the MILF); would we be so quick to say that is was ISIS?
Well I said on 9/11 my grandchildren would still be fighting this war because we refuse to accept who the enemy is. Back then many thought that if we just got one old Saudi citizen who it turns out was hiding in Pakistan it would all be over. I really don't care what acronym or unit name you put in front of them the war continues just as if you destroy one US Army Ranger company while the rest of the Army, Marine Corps.... fights on the United States has not been defeated and overthrown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 07:58 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Is this another 'setback' as Obama defined the Paris attack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Difficult to say since this is happening in a country already in an internal conflict.

After all, what if this incident was in the Philippines with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (yes, the MILF); would we be so quick to say that is was ISIS?
I'm just curious as I'm not sure what 'setback' means, hopefully it's that the terrorists or whomever are causing these situations will be just a temporary thing.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:03 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I'm just curious as I'm not sure what 'setback' means, hopefully it's that the terrorists or whomever are causing these situations will be just a temporary thing.
IMO "set back" in this instance means (to Obama) that his plans to bring ME "refugees" and resettle them in this country is now going to get some stiff opposition. (And it has.)

Old 11-20-2015, 08:09 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,100,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Well I said on 9/11 my grandchildren would still be fighting this war because we refuse to accept who the enemy is. Back then many thought that if we just got one old Saudi citizen who it turns out was hiding in Pakistan it would all be over. I really don't care what acronym or unit name you put in front of them the war continues just as if you destroy one US Army Ranger company while the rest of the Army, Marine Corps.... fights on the United States has not been defeated and overthrown

Yes, your grandchildren and their great grandchildren for the next thousand years. Humanity has already been fighting this war since islam was founded in the seventh century, and the fight will be continued until islam is wiped off the face of the earth. Not easy to do since there are well over a billion muslims.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
IMO "set back" in this instance means (to Obama) that his plans to bring ME "refugees" and resettle them in this country is now going to get some stiff opposition. (And it has.)
Look, I am conservative and get sick of this petty ****. The President has certain obligations. There are certain things that a President of the United States has to say or do whether they like to or not. Not labeling every Muslim a violent savage is one of those things whether they believe it or not.

The President will offer to take refugees for many reasons. Even if he does not wish to take them in he has to make the offer. Now Congress will block it.

House passes bill to slow Syrian refugees despite Obama veto threat | Reuters

A lot of this stuff is politics, a lot of it is a horse and pony show. I do not want refugees coming here but I do not have to blame Politician A for everything just because I do not like Politician A.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:17 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times
Is this another attack from "peaceful" muslims, or are they already "contained?!

Old 11-20-2015, 08:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
We fight over there so we don't have to fight here...

Any more basic than that is unnecessary

Old 11-20-2015, 08:52 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
It became destabilized after the end of the war in Libya to overthrow Ghaddafi. Both Syria and Mali started about then. The government in Mali changed hands in two military coups in 18 months. So the defense of the country is in turmoil. My recollection is that France and the United States had a hand in these coups. Libya has become a major distribution hub for arms to rebels in Africa and Syria (no idea whether it's another Benghazi operation or whether foreign special forces are training these rebels as I haven't kept up on the Mali-Niger Tuareg rebels).

Old 11-20-2015, 08:58 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
They are having people recite the Koran. If they don't know it they are executing them. ISIS,,Al Queda its all the same to me. Muslim extremists!!!!
What?! They're Muslims? My first thought was "There go those radical Christians again". Because, you know, Christians can commit terrorist acts too. In 900 A.D. for example, some Christian knights attacked Muslims in the Holy Lands.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:25 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,083 times
Funny how CNN is trying to figure out if they are ISIS or Alcida (sp), they are just radical Muslims, what does it matter.

Lol at staying at a luxury hotel in Bali, were the people confused and thought it was Mali or Ballys?

Notice how the moderate Muslims that they interview after the attacks rarely condeem the attacks and the radicals, they just emphasis that most Muslims are not extremists and they whine about how the attacks will make their lives harder because people will discriminate against them. They talk about moderate Muslims are more than not the victims of such attacks, blah, blah, blah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events