Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 06:51 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,974,629 times

Advertisements

According to news reports (you can find them all over the place) Americans will spend upwards of 630 Billion dollars this holiday shopping season.

How many of the items being purchased are essential or even remotely necessary?

Where do you think the money goes, into the bank accounts of the poor? People complaining about the wealthy are doing their share to make them wealthier right? So if you shop during the holidays and buy non-essential things (as well as during other times) how can you complain about the wealthy when you are the ones making them wealthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 07:09 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,642,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
According to news reports (you can find them all over the place) Americans will spend upwards of 630 Billion dollars this holiday shopping season.

Where do you think the money goes, into the bank accounts of the poor? People complaining about the wealthy are doing their share to make them wealthier right? So if you shop during the holidays and buy non-essential things (as well as during other times) how can you complain about the wealthy when you are the ones making them wealthy?
This thread is almost as bad as the last one that you started:

Quote:
Bombs suspected in DHL packages headed to the USA from Egypt.

Later, officials said no explosives were found:

No explosives found in U.S.-bound parcels at Cairo airport: DHL | Reuters

Middle east keeps spiraling down.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:14 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,835,013 times
Are you the Grinch or something?

I am not wealthy nor am I poor. I do not complain about the wealthy or the poor. My husband and I buy one gift for each other, one for our son and each one of us participate in a gift drawing with other adult family members.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:06 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,938,649 times
I decided years ago to boycott the commercialization of Christmas, I buy no gifts, and accept no gifts. I will happily say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I just fail to see how buying cr@p honors the birth of Christ. And don't get me started on the jezebel christmas trees being tossed to the curb.........

Old 11-27-2015, 09:09 PM

76 posts, read 68,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Are you the Grinch or something?

I am not wealthy nor am I poor. I do not complain about the wealthy or the poor. My husband and I buy one gift for each other, one for our son and each one of us participate in a gift drawing with other adult family members.
Then he wasn't talking to, or about you. Are you.....slow?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:33 PM

8,949 posts, read 11,817,542 times
I don't spend much, but the people who have my property tax, sales tax, income tax, driving tax, gas tax, etc. spend it for me.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:49 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:

What?

Old 11-28-2015, 10:23 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,835,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
Then he wasn't talking to, or about you. Are you.....slow?
I must be...thanks for pointing it out to me *******. I never would have figured it out myself.

Last edited by maggie2101; 11-28-2015 at 10:33 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 10:25 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,648,814 times
Quote:
So if you shop during the holidays and buy non-essential things (as well as during other times) how can you complain about the wealthy when you are the ones making them wealthy?
Liberals always want someone else to pay for their own mistakes and choices.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:25 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,916,784 times
I wish it were possible to put c-d threads on ignore, the way you can in many forums. I'd start with this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events