Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 11:29 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtomt2day View Post
That kid is a real hero!
Yeah well, is it worth it to be a hero
His time on the planet is up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Old 12-20-2015, 12:14 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It didn't!

I posted it earlier here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...xville-tn.html
Sorry, missed it. Wrong search words

Old 12-20-2015, 12:19 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

Wow, what cynicism

Old 12-20-2015, 12:20 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It didn't!

I posted it earlier here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...xville-tn.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtomt2day View Post
That kid is a real hero!
Indeed, this young man should be the poster child for a group like Black Lives Matter. He is a genuine hero who was on the right side of the law, and fell victim to the most dangerous aspect of being a black person in this country.
Instead the BLM idiots based their false narrative on a criminal thug who is not representative of the majority of black people who are killed by violence in this country.

Go figure.

`

Old 12-20-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

I guess not to the liberal pukes who think only of themselves, not of the innocent people he helped protect.
I called this boy a man because he stepped up and was one, despite his chronological age. Unlike someone older who might be legally a man, but comes no where near the actual definition of being a strong American man.
He was clearly raised right, unlike the losers who would deride his heroic actions.

As an FYI, many of us believe in God and heaven, and hopefully this young man is up there now. I know whether I die of natural causes or fall victim because I do the right thing, I'd be very happy to spend time with him for his selfless act of courage!

RIP Zaevion Dobson

`

Old 12-20-2015, 12:52 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Sorry, missed it. Wrong search words
Sigh, just as I missed the earlier post to mine. I searched for "Knoxville" and when I didn't see anything on the shooting, posted it.

(does the "give you a one" sign)

Old 12-20-2015, 12:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Reps for the OP's of each thread.

Young man was on his way to do great things. But he died a hero.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:08 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Instead the BLM idiots based their false narrative on a criminal thug who is not representative of the majority of black people who are killed by violence in this country.
Well the emphasis and tactics of BLM bothers me as well, but I also recognize that what they were organized to do, bringing necessary light to the injustices inflicted by out of control officers even when the victim is far from an exemplary figure in the community, perhaps even more importantly because they are not, is needed and necessary. So calling them idiots misses the mark. Would I love to BLM to be just as active and adamant about the insane violence being perpetrated in African American communities across the nation, most definitely but that isn't why they were organized.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well the emphasis and tactics of BLM bothers me as well, but I also recognize that what they were organized to do, bringing necessary light to the injustices inflicted by out of control officers even when the victim is far from an exemplary figure in the community, perhaps even more importantly because they are not, is needed and necessary. So calling them idiots misses the mark. Would I love to BLM to be just as active and adamant about the insane violence being perpetrated in African American communities across the nation, most definitely but that isn't why they were organized.

I guess you do not realize that giving them any credit only helps to perpetuate the problem. I am sure David Duke is more palatable than some raving lunatic racist, but does that mean DD is worthy of being taken seriously?
I suppose that if a group had gone around say "what do we want, dead blacks,,,,,,, when do we want it,,,, now", you'd still be willing to find something worthwhile in their overall message?
No need to answer, as we both already know your answer.

BLM is full of blacks with racial chips on their shoulders, just like Sharpton who never lets a black death (justified or not) go without a racial extorsion attempt.
If a white group went running around like BLM does on campuses, all sorts of them would be expelled. But the feckless liberal college administrators just allow it to happen with BLM, rather than act like mature adults and put a stop to their disruptive racist behavior.

How about a non racial group looking into excessive police force, rather than one predicated on false narratives that only black men are killed by cops unjustly.
I suspect that whites are injured, shot, and killed more than blacks just based on America's demographics. Furthermore, the percentages of blacks having run ins with police are greater because per capita they are more inclined to criminality. This of course is un-PC to say, even though it is factual.
I think most Americans are against police brutality toward anyone who is innocent or who has committed a minor crime.
However many of us know that police are asked to do a thankless job dealing with scum and vicious predators on a daily basis. Regardless of the race of the criminals, we hope that most are serious about protecting & serving their communities, and give them the benefit of the doubt. When they abuse that trust and go rogue, they should be held accountable to the law.

I think the poor young man who was gunned down would agree with me, as he seemed mature beyond his age.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events