Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 09:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
They could avoid sex until they are ready to have children.

I know. Responsibility for one's choices is distasteful, even unthinkable, to many.
Where is the man's responsibility in all this judgement? Abortion IS taking responsibility for one's actions ~ not to bring ANOTHER unwanted child into this world.

Quote:
Why is celibacy unrealistic?

Perhaps I give people too much credit. I do know there are a multitude of women who had abortions and live with guilt and regret.

The popular culture, very commercialized culture, of fulfilling the "I want what I want when I want it" has negative effects frequently. Murder of convenience is certainly a big negative.
Again, your condemnation is reserved for women. There are also a multitude of women who look back and are glad they didn't bring a child into this world when they weren't much more than a child themselves. Abortion is nothing new; it's been going on for centuries.

It's just that women used to die a lot more often - probably not a concern for you judging by the tone of your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
Pro-choicers are not pro-choice. They're pro abortion.

They believe the kid would be better off dead than than to grow up poor. And I know some of the kids will have a hard time in their life. But at least they will have a life. And when you have a life, there's always a chance things will get better.

I noticed that abortion is similar to Female genital mutilation. Abortion supporters say "it's my body, I own it." Well the same thinking applies to FGM. The parents insist they own the child's body and that they can do whatever they want to it.
1. They believe a fetus would be better off unborn than to be UNWANTED. Do you see how much child abuse goes on in our country??? Look around man at the real world. We have more billionaires then ever in our country AND more starving children than ever. Fix that and maybe there will be less abortions.

2. There is NOTHING similar about FGM; in fact, it is the exact OPPOSITE of being in control of one's own body.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:22 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,791,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Where is the man's responsibility in all this judgement? Abortion IS taking responsibility for one's actions ~ not to bring ANOTHER unwanted child into this world.

Again, your condemnation is reserved for women. There are also a multitude of women who look back and are glad they didn't bring a child into this world when they weren't much more than a child themselves. Abortion is nothing new; it's been going on for centuries.

It's just that women used to die a lot more often - probably not a concern for you judging by the tone of your posts.
The subject was a woman's response to abortion.

I absolutely know that men also have a responsibility to not have sex unless they are willing to have children.

No need to waste your time looking for things to be disagreeable about when there isn't any. Or do. Your choice.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,649,217 times
Quote:
The subject was a woman's response to abortion.

I absolutely know that men also have a responsibility to not have sex unless they are willing to have children.

No need to waste your time looking for things to be disagreeable about when there isn't any. Or do. Your choice.
What about married couples who don't want children and are told they are too young to be voluntarily sterilized? Do you feel they should either stay celibate until they can have the procedure or, if they have sex and birth control failure which results in an unwanted pregnancy, they should be forced to have a baby they don't want?

Old 02-07-2016, 11:36 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,303,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
What about married couples who don't want children and are told they are too young to be voluntarily sterilized? Do you feel they should either stay celibate until they can have the procedure or, if they have sex and birth control failure which results in an unwanted pregnancy, they should be forced to have a baby they don't want?
I would rather efforts be put towards lowering the opposition towards sterilization. Sterilization would solve a lot more problems than abortion.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:41 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,791,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I can't imagine a person not being able to get sterilized. I know several young adults (24 to 26 yrs) that have been. In a few different states.

Those who are told "no" need to do some doctor shopping. That is ridiculous.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:47 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,066,929 times
Some are of the belief that abortion is the best choice for women who can't afford to have the baby, and/or for some women, pregnancy could be an inconvenience.

Umm, here's a novel thought: Why get pregnant unless one wants a child?

(Before the hackles rise, am not speaking of women who are raped. . . am referring to women who have a choice prior by utilitizing birth control.)

Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,189,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Some are of the belief that abortion is the best choice for women who can't afford to have the baby, and/or for some women, pregnancy could be an inconvenience.

Umm, here's a novel thought: Why get pregnant unless one wants a child?

(Before the hackles rise, am not speaking of women who are raped. . . am referring to women who have a choice prior by utilitizing birth control.)
Here's another novel concept: use your brain.
Has everything in your life gone exactly the way you thought it was supposed to? Have you ever made a small mistake that had large consequences? If not I would imagine it's because you never leave your home.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:26 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,649,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I would rather efforts be put towards lowering the opposition towards sterilization. Sterilization would solve a lot more problems than abortion.
Yes, sterilization should be available on demand.

Quote:
I can't imagine a person not being able to get sterilized. I know several young adults (24 to 26 yrs) that have been. In a few different states.

Those who are told "no" need to do some doctor shopping. That is ridiculous.
Really? I know 2 people under 30 who have not been able to find a doctor willing to perform a sterilization. Both because "you will most probably want kids down the road". Doctor shopping is not really possible when in an HMO with a limited provider network, unless you have the funds to pay a private doc to be sterilized.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:46 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
it is more common that young women without children can not find a doctor to sterilize them.

as to celibacy no adult should have to stop having sex. saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:10 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,303,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it is more common that young women without children can not find a doctor to sterilize them.

as to celibacy no adult should have to stop having sex. saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy.
The act of sex is saying 'maybe' to pregnancy because there is always a risk unless you've had your uterus removed or have some other physical form of preventiion. You are also saying 'maybe' or 'yes' to STD's because people don't take enough precautions there either particularly when there are many different partners involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events