Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,355,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Texas is a community property state. File for divorce and she'll get her half of the wealth.
I thought they were already divorced? Reports I've read indicated that they divorced in 2007 or somewhere around there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 12:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 11,589,860 times
I was just looking at a picture of the mom this morning, is she special needs?
Her face looks deformed.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,477,961 times
Yeah, cause it is not like she is a FLIGHT RISK or anything.....

Old 01-12-2016, 01:25 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,527,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Texas is a community property state. File for divorce and she'll get her half of the wealth.
Somewhere I read at this point her attorney's claiming she's indigent, sounds like an awfully quick fall from raising a poor little child afflicted with affluenza to being indigent.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,355,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Somewhere I read at this point her attorney's claiming she's indigent, sounds like an awfully quick fall from raising a poor little child afflicted with affluenza to being indigent.
I heard that the indigent claim stemmed from her claim that the government froze her bank accounts.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,665,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I heard that the indigent claim stemmed from her claim that the government froze her bank accounts.
That's what I've heard on the news, too.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:26 PM

4,514 posts, read 4,644,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It's maddening because we all hate her. But, the judge had to set bond to what she's actually being charged with. A lot of legal eagles are saying it's still rather high for the offence.
When you say "we all hate her", just who is this "we" that you are speaking for?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,039,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I don't understand. When her son got off on the affluenza defense yea I thought it was a scam and not on the up, that the kid got away with murder. But that I could chalk up to just the latest one judge.

Apparently it's the whole local court system that has some serious deficiencies in ethics.

How is a woman who helped her son flea the country and was apprehend on the run in Mexico given bail? They shouldn't be lowering her bail because bail should be denied. She's the text book definition of a flight risk.

If I was the family of those murdered by her son I would be beside myself at how this has all played out. It's disgusting.
Oh please! You can't have a 1 million dollar bond on a some little charge like this. Get real. I don't care how much the public hates these idiots, you have to still be realistic! The bond is correct and actually a little high.

I agree the mother is nuts. The son didn't "get away with murder", the son drank himself to near death and some idiot let him get behind the wheel of an automobile. Lots of blame there.

This thing is viral and at this point is a joke. There are people killing others EVERY single day on our roadways. Some jerk around my town just killed someone in a crosswalk and the person hit was in a wheelchair! What happened to the driver that killed the guy? NOTHING! Some other guy hit a cyclist that was on the shoulder trying to train for an MS charity ride and killed him. What happened to that teen driver? NOTHING! Not even community service! These stories are DAILY because we are all about cars/speeding around. People want this kid hung because he is rich, nothing more. What about all the other drivers killing people? No one cares, because they didn't go viral and are rich. Whatever!

Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,341,257 times
No sorry, you're wrong. It's not daily that an underage teen gets wasted, gets in a truck and kills 4 people. And then faces almost no consequences.

The ONLY reason this is a story and Eric Couch is a household name is because a Judge ruled that legally Eric Couch was not responsible for his actions because he grew up too rich and privileged to know that driving drunk and killing 4 people is not acceptable and is actually manslaughter.

That's the problem with this case and why it's gotten this much attention.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:58 PM

15,554 posts, read 10,546,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
When you say "we all hate her", just who is this "we" that you are speaking for?
That wasn't meant to be taken literally, of course not everybody hates her. She's just not winning any popularity contests, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events