Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,188,302 times

Advertisements

After the Islamic terrorism I'm afraid we are now seeing our own domestic terrorism grow out from the government haters (or self-professed "libertarians", right!) targeting cops among others: Online rants, anti-government radicals fuel fear of U.S. cop killings
How far will they go and what to do to stop the lunatics and haters?

“The good news is, there are two less police in the world,” read an entry on the Facebook page for CopBlock.org.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,411,237 times
Two dead cops is your idea of good news? or did i read that wrong?

Old 07-15-2014, 02:31 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,411,237 times
OK i read it wrong...Anti government extremists are responsible for that attitude. Is there a point in airing this facebook page content?.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-15-2014 at 02:50 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 02:40 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,005,121 times
Trolling at it's finest. What a sad society, it's such a shame we can give these trolls anonymity. People should be held accountable for saying such words, and yes I believe in free speech, but I also believe that you should have the balls to say that to a cop's face instead of hiding behind a computer.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 PM

792 posts, read 636,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Trolling at it's finest. What a sad society, it's such a shame we can give these trolls anonymity. People should be held accountable for saying such words, and yes I believe in free speech, but I also believe that you should have the balls to say that to a cop's face instead of hiding behind a computer.
I'd say the benefits of the Internet still far outweigh the negatives. In 200 years we're likely going to be talking about the Internet as one of the most important inventions ever.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,778,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
I'd say the benefits of the Internet still far outweigh the negatives. In 200 years we're likely going to be talking about the Internet as one of the most important inventions ever.
I agree. It will go down in history as one of the most revolutionary things that has ever happened.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:25 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,005,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Yes, totally agree with you, but it does bring out the worst in people as a side effect.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM

898 posts, read 1,221,833 times
wisemanoncesaid: this guy is not a troll. he is voicing a sentiment, be it his or some other joe shmo. better question to ask is WHY is this sentiment the case? why are cops hated? by saying that he is a troll and "ban him!" "how dare he question the fascist state!", it's better to step back and ask why ppl. like eric garner have gone through what they have. eric is the guy who was killed on 17 july by nypd caught on video on nydn's site.

speaking an unpopular opinion means it brings out the worst in people? at one point, slavery was popular opinion. speaking against it would have been considered bad. ditto for child labor in nyc factories, and the women who worked in dangerous conditions and died in the triangle shirtwaist fire because it simply was unpopular and the "worst" thing to do to question the situation.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,314,956 times
I agree with Hairy Guy. You gotta remember a LOT of people have been seriously wronged by a cop or cops. Most people wouldn't feel that way unless it was so...I don't see that near as many cops die as innocent people are killed by them. Call them lunatics or whatever you want...there's usually a story behind the thought.
I don't see at all that someones rants about cops could ever "fuel fear of U.S.cop killings" though...why would it?
We might hate something, but it doesn't mean we're killers for it...does it?

Old 07-20-2014, 05:46 PM

4,628 posts, read 12,319,055 times
I can't imagine not having them to catch rapists, murderers, and everyday criminals. There's a lot of great cops out there, and like anything in life a small percentage create this poor perception. Can you imagine letting serial killers run wild?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events