Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 10:24 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,285,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm definitely no prude, but am disgusted reading what happened.

I don't care if the fan herself thinks it was awesome, that nonsense on stage was absolutely unnecessary.

http://www.newsweek.com/madonna-expo...roversy-438346
Making a big thing over nothing. I saw the video online, and it was an accident and she was just trying to make jokes about to entertain the audience. You are a prude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 12:19 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
She reminds me of Betty Davis in "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" - nothing more pathetic than a middle aged woman trying to be young
Middle aged? She's 57. She passed middle age a decade ago.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well let's see Slick has written a book, paints well, and is LOADED thanks to good investments with her money any owning CA real estate.

Shirley Bassey(you probably don't know who she is) but she sang "Goldfinger" and many other hits. SB appeared at age 76 on the Oscars in 2013, she sounded great and she looked wonderful. Still has a nice shape but she dressed like an older woman should.

She didn't try to dress like she did in the 60s and 70s.

Madonna looks foolish, she could dress to show off her figure still, but dressing like you did 30 years ago, she is Baby Jane Hudson.
Lol, I'm sure Madonna with her millions & her sold out shows is very concerned that some people wish she would cover up like the Amish.

Again, who cares what Slick has said?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Making a big thing over nothing. I saw the video online, and it was an accident and she was just trying to make jokes about to entertain the audience. You are a prude.
Precisely. Like I said, lots of people clutching their pearls & getting the vapors. Poor things.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:53 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Typical Madonna.

What happened to just singing, awesome dancing and throwing in a few clean crotch grabs?

Old 03-22-2016, 12:09 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Huh? She's been doing stuff like this since she was 20. <shrug>
Precisely my point. People usually change and mature and someone pushing 60, who acts like they did when they were 20, is either really immature or demented.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
[quote=thefragile;43444221]Lol, I'm sure Madonna with her millions & her sold out shows is very concerned that some people wish she would cover up like the Amish.

Again, who cares what Slick has said?[/QUOTE]

Lot's of people, because that comment has been quoted many times over the years.

Madonna with all her money seems to be a very unhappy woman. Desperate for attention.

No one says she has to cover up like the Amish, but not dress like she did 30 years ago.

Again "nothing tragic about being 50, unless you try and act 25".

She has become a parody of herself.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:22 PM

[quote=seain dublin;43446933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, I'm sure Madonna with her millions & her sold out shows is very concerned that some people wish she would cover up like the Amish.

Again, who cares what Slick has said?[/QUOTE]

Lot's of people, because that comment has been quoted many times over the years.

Madonna with all her money seems to be a very unhappy woman. Desperate for attention.

No one says she has to cover up like the Amish, but not dress like she did 30 years ago.

Again "nothing tragic about being 50, unless you try and act 25".

She has become a parody of herself.
She's doing something right regardless what you think because she's still making money, making records, selling out tours. Glad to see it.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:05 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
[quote=thefragile;43447092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

She's doing something right regardless what you think because she's still making money, making records, selling out tours. Glad to see it.
Yeah, that's the measure of right and wrong in life.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
She reminds me of Betty Davis in "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" - nothing more pathetic than a middle aged woman trying to be young

Tina Turner wore miniskirts up to age 70 and never once discussed her crotch with anyone. She was hot and a lady at the same time.......is Madonna missing something, or is it she was never a lady? Old ladies don't have to go gray and wear sweats......as I see many 50 yr old women doing these days. Leave your PJ's at home, jeans are still for all women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Again, who cares what Slick has said?

I would say the woman who blazed the rock stage way before Madonna and had men begging to snort coke with her, can say anything ........Slick has been there and she never acted trashy on stage.

She did have the same issues with religion as Madonna has........"When I popped out," her daughter said, "the nurse was this sort of religious type. In this cutesy voice, she says, 'And what are you naming your baby?' And my mom, being my mom, says wryly, 'We're naming her god, but with a small "g" out of respect."

Did Grace Slick Name Her Child 'God'? : snopes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events