Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 08:02 AM

29,541 posts, read 22,845,697 times

Advertisements

Couldn't people tell by looking at his face that something was off? He certainly doesn't look 17 to me.

Windsor high school basketball star found to be 30 years old

Quote:
In a stunning development, a star center for a Canadian high school basketball team was exposed as a 30-year-old African refugee, leading to his being detained in connection with the Immigration Refugee Protection Act.

According to the Windsor Star, 30-year-old South Sudanese native Jonathan Nicola was a star center for the Central Catholic Comets throughout the 2015-16 season. The 6-foot-9, 202-pounder spent the previous months during the academic year living with Central Catholic basketball coach Pete Cusumano as part of the Canada Homestay program while he lived in the country on a student visa.
A few months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMAmKmY-zs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 08:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,559,677 times
How sweet a gig is that? Live rent free with your basketball coach and relive your teen years doing something you enjoy while socializing among a bunch of 16 year olds all idolizing you as a sports hero.

Brother; that school must have some kind of retarded administration if they couldn't see through this one.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:28 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,922,286 times
This just shows that if a country that is welcoming migrants / immigrants and is unable to initially even confirm how old someone is, the potential for national security threats to enter the country also exists.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:39 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,219,147 times
I have seen other examples of this from Europe (Sweden, Germany) posted on a board with a lot of Euro posters I sometimes visit. Male Immigrants 18+, from African and Arab countries, lying about their age to get visas/citizenship and social welfare benefits, then living as high school students. It gets sweep under the rug there by the Euro PC media.

Most likely this guy only got outed because someone from a another high school basketball team researched it and found some other immigrant that had known of him in Africa (how many 6'9" guys can there be in Africa). I am sure for every immigrant like this that gets outed, there are 20+ that never get found out. I wonder how many Canadian high school girls he got pregnant.

The Canadian PM did a smart thing only letting in Married adults, children, and single women (no single adult men). No one in the US media ever mentions this restriction on adult single men.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,934,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan
How sweet a gig is that? Live rent free with your basketball coach and relive your teen years doing something you enjoy while socializing among a bunch of 16 year olds all idolizing you as a sports hero.

Brother; that school must have some kind of retarded administration if they couldn't see through this one.
Well @ least he didnt hurt anyone right?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well @ least he didnt hurt anyone right?
Depends on whether or not he had a 'high school' girlfriend.

A situation like that would have been illegal.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:47 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,607,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I am sure for every immigrant like this that gets outed, there are 20+ that never get found out. I wonder how many Canadian high school girls he got pregnant.

How do you parlay the fact that he was way over age to be a high school student into a supposition that he was banging lots of Canadian high school girls?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
How do you parlay the fact that he was way over age to be a high school student into a supposition that he was banging lots of Canadian high school girls?
Because being able to go to high school and play basketball might not have been his only motive for lying about his age.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:22 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,331,125 times
This was an African immigrant in Canada, but supposedly, we have illegals here in the US attending school as teenagers also. It's been on the news. I dropped my two younger kids off at school a few weeks ago. I saw a female exit a vehicle looking like a twenty something to me. No proof on my part and she could have been stopping off for some other reason or may have looked older than she is.

If this 30 year old basketball player played on the team, he hurt the other players on the team because one or more would have been the star player. Not sure how it is in Canada, but he could have affected sports scholarships for those kids. He possibly took wins away from other teams and affected those kid's scholarships.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:59 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,397,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
This was an African immigrant in Canada, but supposedly, we have illegals here in the US attending school as teenagers also. It's been on the news.
Back in February in Pennsylvania, a 23-year-old Ukrainian who entered the country on a temporary visa four years ago got busted for this.

Cops: Pennsylvania honors student was 23-year-old Ukrainian

Samarin is accused of masquerading as a Harrisburg High School student who was a member of the National Honor Society and reportedly was a runner-up to be homecoming king. Samarin was actively involved at the school, working with a student advisory group on a food bank, and he was a member of the school's ROTC and Naval Sea Cadet programs.

He apparently lived with people he befriended, Wealand said. Authorities are investigating whether anyone else conspired with Samarin on creating or maintaining his fake identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events