Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 12:26 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times

Advertisements

no sympathy for the burglars here!! But this also proves my point that yet again in 'murica that there's yet another half-a-man acting all big, tough and badazz because he has the gun on them. Not impressed with anyone here. 2 useless burglars and a coward thinking he's tough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 01:29 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,927,543 times
The article says they had their underwear on, so not really naked. It makes a big difference, IMO.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:29 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
well it is Florida, so that explains the stand your ground defense for the shop owner. Not sure stand your ground includes holding them captive and assaulting them. But hey, cops use that "privilege" quite often when they take a suspect. To the point of killing them.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Probably would have been better off shooting them and claiming self defense. Either way, they got what they deserved.
Not everyone wants to break the commandment, "thou shall not kill". Some people do have some standards which they live by.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:17 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
If they beat them for an hour there would be clear visible injuries, however looking at their police mug shots both men seem in very good health.

I would be wary of convicting law abiding business people on the word criminals, who were intent on stealing from them and takinh away their hard earned living.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:49 AM

86 posts, read 117,311 times
Am I supposed to feel sorry for those poor crooks? Don't rob stores and you don't have to worry.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:42 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
I wonder if the shop owner ever saw a stage production (or the later film version) of P.S., Your Cat is Dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.S._Your_Cat_Is_Dead

Old 11-28-2016, 07:53 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
well it is Florida, so that explains the stand your ground defense for the shop owner. Not sure stand your ground includes holding them captive and assaulting them. But hey, cops use that "privilege" quite often when they take a suspect. To the point of killing them.
Isn't Orange County in California? Anyway, this reminds me of a very similar real life true crime case that I heard about yesterday. It occurred in MN. Two teenagers broke into a senior homeowner's house on Thanksgiving Day 2012. This man's home had been burglarized several times before, including multiple times by these same teens, and he had surveillance footage to prove the teens broke in.

Once they entered the home, the homeowner emerged from the basement and shot both teens to death. He was convicted of murder for several reasons, one being the teenagers were not armed, another being he waited 24 hours before calling police after the shooting, and a third that he had an audiotape of the killing in which the man said some very unsavory things about the burglars. The community was very polarized on the case. Why would he be convicted? The teenagers were invading his home, had done so before, and deserved everything they got. The police said the man was lying in wait for something to happen and he used excessive force. Is it vigilante justice to do something to burglars when they are invading your property? That's different than killing someone when they aren't threatening you at the time (i.e. shooting a child molester who victimized your son/daughter after the fact.) That's vigilante justice, IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_...Smith_killings

Old 11-28-2016, 09:42 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXEX55 View Post
Am I supposed to feel sorry for those poor crooks? Don't rob stores and you don't have to worry.
Agree! Most of us don't have these issues cause we don't rob stores! Its a very simple common sense way to live.

Don't agree with shooting them, its creates too much of a mess. And then the store is closed while investigation going on. Which then the owner loses money.

Make them go outside to the busiest intersection, naked, wearing a sign saying I'm a crook. Don't be like me. And call it a day.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Wonder if a Jury will convict the store owner on any crimes. If you look at our legal system these guys who burglarize stores usually are back on the street in less then a year doing the same thing again.

Burglars say shop owner tortured them, made them strip naked after they broke into store | WFTV
Burglary is a dangerous business. These creeps could have ended up a lot worse.

Gunshot wounds are an occupational hazard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events