Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 11:54 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Fact is you don't talk **** in NOLA.

Many of you may not understand, but Joe should have known better.
You walk on by.
You ignore and they will typically just move on to the next person and **** with them.

But what you DON'T do is act like Mr. tough guy and mouth off back to them. Unless you are perfectly willing to be the one doing the killing. If not. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Sigh. Another coward that couldn't win a fair fight using a gun to be a tough guy.
So in NOLA only guys with guns can say chit? Fighting like a man is a lost art I guess RIP Joe McKnight

Old 12-02-2016, 12:05 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sigh. Another coward that couldn't win a fair fight using a gun to be a tough guy.
So in NOLA only guys with guns can say chit? Fighting like a man is a lost art I guess RIP Joe McKnight
Yeah, it is what it is.

That's all I'm saying.

I had a friend come down to visit and he decided to go to the quarter alone with his girl, then some guys started cat calling and talking so my friend and his girl started yapping right back at them. Both ended up in the hospital. Broken ribs, punctured lungs, multiple stab wounds and abrasions etc.

I'm not defending it by any stretch, but that's simply the way it is. If they'd have simply walked on by, those clowns would have just started harassing the next people they saw and my friends wouldn't have ended up in the hospital.

Like if your light turns green, but you see a guy doing 80 looking like he's not gonna stop, do you press that gas pedal and get T-boned, because you had the right of way? Of course not.

Doesn't matter who is right or wrong if you end up dead.

Last edited by toosie; 12-02-2016 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted material and profanity

Old 12-02-2016, 12:22 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is what it is.

That's all I'm saying.

I had a friend come down to visit and he decided to go to the quarter alone with his girl, then some guys started cat calling and talking ****, so my friend and his girl started yapping right back at them. Both ended up in the hospital. Broken ribs, punctured lungs, multiple stab wounds and abrasions etc.

I'm not defending it by any stretch, but that's simply the way it is. If they'd have simply walked on by, those clowns would have just started harassing the next people they saw and my friends wouldn't have ended up in the hospital.

Like if your light turns green, but you see a guy doing 80 looking like he's not gonna stop, do you press that gas pedal and get T-boned, because you had the right of way? Of course not.

Doesn't matter who is right or wrong if you end up dead.
I understand what you're saying. I do get it. I've always lived by the motto of keeping my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut.

Sorry about your friend. I admit chit like that sickens me- I despise cowards that need weapons or sheer numbers to be tough guys.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM

78,401 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Step 1: Get imperfect early information, often from the survivor or the victims friends\family members that weren't there and hop in front of a camera immediately lying about what happened. Can't believe either side.

Step 2: Believe them completely and be outraged without having facts.

Step 3: Ignore all other versions or conflicting evidence as it comes out because it makes you look like a fool for believing one side or another BLINDLY because of your inherent biases.

Please people, don't be a lemming. Wait for the facts to come out, hopefully a video etc.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Fact is you don't talk **** in NOLA.

Many of you may not understand, but Joe should have known better.
You walk on by.
You ignore and they will typically just move on to the next person and **** with them.

But what you DON'T do is act like Mr. tough guy and mouth off back to them. Unless you are perfectly willing to be the one doing the killing. If not. SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
No worries, while I used to think I wanted to visit New Orleans, I wouldn't go now if I won a free trip there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
And before someone says it again, We don't need to wait for "the facts". The facts we know already is that HE SHOT AND MURDERED SOMEONE IN BROAD DAY LIGHT WITH MULTIPLE WITNESSES.

HE IS DANGEROUS, HIS "REASONING" DOESN'T MATTER. HE SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED.

They've sent folks (black) to prison for years with less evidence than that. James Bain comes to mind.

Exactly, shooting someone because they cut you off or you think they cut you off isn't a normal reaction.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:55 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No worries, while I used to think I wanted to visit New Orleans, I wouldn't go now if I won a free trip there.
If you are the type of person that can't ignore loudmouths and who feels like you have to have the last word, then I would certainly advise against ever going to visit.

However, if you can be alert and disciplined and ignore the loudmouths and don't have to act like Billy Badass, then it is a really great city with a much larger amount of people that will treat you like family the first moment they meet you. Not to mention the best cuisine in the country

Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,391,424 times
I would have held Gasser for 72 hours (the maximum allowed w/o charges?) while investigating the shooting. In fact, I would investigate his whole life. If he had anything that would warrant criminal charges, no matter how minor, I would charge him. Then, keep him detained for a few more days to a bail hearing.

Basically, I am not a friend of BLM, but I also don't want to put officer's lives at risk unnecessarily either. The sheriff seems to have released Gasser almost casually after he killed (but might not of murdered) a man. This casual impression is not what the black community needs to see now.

Last edited by toosie; 12-02-2016 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted material

Old 12-02-2016, 01:40 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I would have held Gasser for 72 hours (the maximum allowed w/o charges?) while investigating the shooting. In fact, I would investigate his whole life. If he had anything that would warrant criminal charges, no matter how minor, I would charge him. Then, keep him detained for a few more days to a bail hearing.
Hopefully this method won't be used on you if you're ever taken into custody for some reason, that would suck wouldn't it?

Last edited by NHDave; 12-02-2016 at 01:55 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 01:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yeah, so far the "witness" the TV found had a face full of prison tats... e.g, not the most reliable witness. Sorry. There's not indication that I kind find of this "fact" that Gasser was retired LEO either. Definitely possible Gasser isn't the cuddly teddy bear his family portrays him, just as Michael Brown was not. Family are often not objective about such things.
Why do yall cherry pick the Mike Brown case? And even with that case the "witness" that got Darren Wilson off was the lady that said she just happened to be in ferguson that day because they wanted to stop saying the n-word. So while you put the actual *black* resident witnesses in quotes, make sure you acknowledge how it was a "witness" that got Darren Wilson off as well. And why does witness account even matter, we're seeing people gunned down on camera and you all come up with excuses.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Step 1: Get imperfect early information, often from the survivor or the victims friends\family members that weren't there and hop in front of a camera immediately lying about what happened. Can't believe either side.

Step 2: Believe them completely and be outraged without having facts.

Step 3: Ignore all other versions or conflicting evidence as it comes out because it makes you look like a fool for believing one side or another BLINDLY because of your inherent biases.

Please people, don't be a lemming. Wait for the facts to come out, hopefully a video etc.
and when the video comes out, you will all find something from McKnight's past to justify it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events