Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 01:11 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I'm surprised no one has pulled that idiots card yet but I'm also willing to bet he's a predator, a bully who preys on those who can't fight back.
and it sounds like he was a bully all his life who only got an occasional slap on the wrist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 02:34 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's time to close down our prisons and jails, and build "an island" in the middle of the ocean. Nothing fancy. A few shade trees and several crates of garden tools and vegetable seeds. We'll helicopter people like him in, and drop him onto the island, a place of no return. No need for taxpayers to feed and cloth him on the island. He will survive (or not) on his own resourcefulness. Let him build his own shelter, plant the seeds and harvest his own bounty. The trees we plant there will have gigantic leaves (clothing) and vines (rope). Some of the bushes will have medicinal proprieties. If the taxpayers are in a good mood they will supply a couple of gardening books, some knives and fishing hooks, and some cast iron cooking pots to the island. We'll make it a firm rule to replace those things only once every ten years.

If any of the "islanders" drown while trying to escape... oh, well. Maybe we'll keep a couple of jails for the first offenders, but those who offend a second time get a first class ticket out!.

How about we just drop him in the ocean with a bag of sand strapped to his back? No need for the sharks to go hungry.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:34 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
They are calling it assault with a deadly weapon...I don't know they laws there but to me it sounds like its more then punching...like maybe brass knuckles were involved?
Your hands can be a deadly weapon. You punch someone and cause seriously injury - they are the weapon. Many people have sadly died from being punched just once.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:39 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
While the man who punched the Home Depot clerk in the face was clearly in the wrong, the clerk should not have argued with a customer who was obviously getting very angry.

The clerk should have summoned the supervisor. The supervisor would likely have been able to de-escalate the hostile situation. Dealing with the public is a difficult job as anyone who has had such a job knows.
How do you know what happened unless you were right there? No one said the cashier was arguing. How would a supervisor have magical super powers while dealing with a criminal thug nut job? Plenty of people like this thug had anger issues. They can't control themselves.

Gotta love how you're blaming the employee of Home Depot! Person who kept their hands to themselves and were seriously injured. Nice.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:49 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Just a misunderstood, older Yute.........give him another slap-on-the-wrist sentence!!!!

Old 12-11-2016, 08:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
It amazes me how people can just keep getting a get out of jail card so easily.
After reading this I am thinking about beating the crap out of a couple annoying people. I can handle two weeks in jail.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:45 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Just saw this on the news.

Police: Man punched Home Depot cashier in the face in Wake Forest | abc11.com

He's been arrested 35 times. The guy is only 31 years old.

In 2005 he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder accessory after the fact in the shooting death of a Bunn High School athlete during a house party.

For that crime, records show he was sentenced in December of 2007 and served 1,061 days before being paroled. Since then, he's been arrested 19 more times, including this latest arrest in Wake Forest

This sounds like one of those math mind-benders...If criminal X is 31 years old, and he has been arrested 35 times to date. With 1 arrest serving 1,061 days, and then arrested 19 more times after that, including this latest arrest. How many arrests did he have prior to being charged with FDMA?

Can you license a fist?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:56 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
How hard do you have to hit someone to put them in critical condition with just one punch?
If you knock them out and they fall and hit their head on cement etc.

I know someone that works at Home depot in a so-so area and am always shocked at how many general scumbags they have to deal with. Thefts, stalkers etc etc.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:52 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Just saw this on the news.

Police: Man punched Home Depot cashier in the face in Wake Forest | abc11.com

He's been arrested 35 times. The guy is only 31 years old.

In 2005 he was arrested and charged with first-degree murder accessory after the fact in the shooting death of a Bunn High School athlete during a house party.

For that crime, records show he was sentenced in December of 2007 and served 1,061 days before being paroled. Since then, he's been arrested 19 more times, including this latest arrest in Wake Forest

This sounds like one of those math mind-benders...If criminal X is 31 years old, and he has been arrested 35 times to date. With 1 arrest serving 1,061 days, and then arrested 19 more times after that, including this latest arrest. How many arrests did he have prior to being charged with FDMA?

Not that what the criminal did was not horrible...... Home Depot training is poor at that location.
As a former employee of HD, we were trained to use the PA system and call a code name to come to Till #6 for example. All employees in the store that hear it are required to converge immediately at that location and protect persons being threatened, call police.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you knock them out and they fall and hit their head on cement etc.

I know someone that works at Home depot in a so-so area and am always shocked at how many general scumbags they have to deal with. Thefts, stalkers etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Not that what the criminal did was not horrible...... Home Depot training is poor at that location.
As a former employee of HD, we were trained to use the PA system and call a code name to come to Till #6 for example. All employees in the store that hear it are required to converge immediately at that location and protect persons being threatened, call police.
I had a similar though less physically injurious experience.

I was working at a major department store for the Christmas 1975 selling season. The store's policy (as in effect at another major store when I was in an analogous situation in 1975) is designed to protect the store from liability but can leave employees and customers in a very dangerous situation.

On or about December 23, 1975, I was working the late shift at a major White Plains department store (while on holiday from college). It started snowing and many of the staff left. A tall gentleman approached me on the floor and demanded money to get his car started. I gave him $5 from my wallet. I also immediately contacted store security. I was fired the next day, even though I gave the man no money from the cash registers. When I was fired I was told I had "endangered the store." The fact is that they were willing to leave the store open after allowing many of the employees to depart, leaving the store dangerously understaffed. Their only concern was their own liability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events