Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:34 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Hopefully someone reminded him God is also made-up.
Yep. The irony of one fairy-tale peddler lecturing others on fairy tales is pretty rich... and, I'm sure, right over the pastor's head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 05:27 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Pastor announces to children "Santa is not real"

Pastor announces to children "Santa is not real" - CBS46 News

Im shocked this has almost 200K views, so how many people here would do that to a line full of kids waiting to see Santa at the mall?

It's sort of odd that the people who are the most upset are the ones who aren't religious.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:36 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Pastor announces to children "Santa is not real"

Pastor announces to children "Santa is not real" - CBS46 News

Im shocked this has almost 200K views, so how many people here would do that to a line full of kids waiting to see Santa at the mall?

I love that. Maybe if we had more kids realistically understanding that Santa is imaginary, we'd end up with fewer adults denying evolution and global warming.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:52 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Stone him!!

Old 12-13-2016, 05:55 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
He's as bad as people who take offense at Christmas trees and Christian crosses. Fanatics, all of them.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:02 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
It's sort of odd that the people who are the most upset are the ones who aren't religious.
Why would that be at all "odd"? To the best of my knowledge, and memory from long ago when I was a child, Santa Claus is not associated with any religion. I certainly never thought the shopping center Santas were connected with church in any way.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:16 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
At that point, as a parent, you kneel down to your children, and you say, softly: "I think we need to pray for that poor, scared man -- he's obviously not right in the head, huh?"

Old 12-13-2016, 06:17 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Why would that be at all "odd"? To the best of my knowledge, and memory from long ago when I was a child, Santa Claus is not associated with any religion. I certainly never thought the shopping center Santas were connected with church in any way.
I find it rather ironic, that a self serving preacher of whatever gospel he embraced..finds it his duty to shatter the ideal beliefs of innocent children and single handedly try to destroy the "Spirit" of Christmas.

Of course there's been a lot of commercialization of this holiday..BUT CHILDREN have no concept of that. It's a magical time for children ( as for adult faithful to the SPIRIT)..and this IDIOT Pastor chose to cause children experience a very hurtful message!!!

In truth this faux 'pastor" is no more than a "hater" of all children who happen to have an innocent belief in something ..HOW the H3$$ can he ever preach to anyone about believing in something like "GOD" who is based on a faith.. Neither can be proven to all.. yet many do believe there's something much "GREATER" than us lowly humans..who have far too many exhibit violence.. false messaging..and have to nerve to suggest..These ( little ants that crawl the earth" know better.. What a Crock!!

I'm betting this idiot ..has never experienced the joy watching children .. He's in a word a "JERK"!!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I love that. Maybe if we had more kids realistically understanding that Santa is imaginary, we'd end up with fewer adults denying evolution and global warming.
Even when I was a small child, I don't ever remember believing Santa was real. They hauled me to church every Sunday, but I don't ever remember thinking Jesus was real either. Not all children are gullible.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:19 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
That's my point exactly. Christmas is a religious holiday and Santa Claus is irrelevant to it. So the people upset are secularists who are basically just celebrating a random empty day that originated from a religious holiday which they generally oppose and now they're mad? That's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events