Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,491,199 times

Advertisements

I may dislike Allegiant/Spirit/Frontier/etal but they do seem to be cheaper and have passengers who are stoic to their condition.

If one wants comfort and convenience-pay for it.
If one wants cheap and cheaper, you get cheap and cheaper.

The free market will eventually correct any misalignments with the provider and consumer.
Happy flying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 06:46 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,221,847 times
The worst people in the world always seem to be prolific carry-on'ers. It's like their mental baggage is matched only by their physical baggage.

Brian Regan has a side-splittingly funny bit about the annoyances of airline travel - which is 99% caused by the other passengers.

Comedian Brian Regan Turns The Stress Of Flying Into Comedy Gold

Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,025,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I feel sorry for the officer who had to drag all of that off the plane
He's going to go to the hospital shortly to treat his hernia.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:45 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,399,979 times
Well, that was certainly undignified!

But I am absolutely astounded that someone was actually held accountable for their behavior. A miracle.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:53 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,757,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
They should get rid of seating on airplanes.

Every passenger should be sealed in a long tube in which they lay down..
They need to come up with very safe non habit forming anesthetics or temporary hibernation. Forget the video screens....for coach I guess. Just put everybody to bed and load them in the tubes. For crashes i saw some sketch somewhere that envisioned planes like cargo lifts where the passengers were in a discrete compartment with parachutes away from the fuel and engines and pilots.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:03 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,993,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It's like their mental baggage is matched only by their physical baggage.
Brilliant way to put it, PP. You might have caught onto something there. I'll have to start noticing if it carries over to little guys who get out of giant trucks & women who carry enormous handbags.

Quote:
Brian Regan has a side-splittingly funny bit about the annoyances of airline travel - which is 99% caused by the other passengers.
That was very funny. I adore Brian. BTW, his brother Dennis is also a standup & often opens for him, if you haven't seen his standup. He's okay... similar observational comedy bits, but completely different delivery. Thanks for the clip.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:07 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,471,953 times
Teleportation can't come quick enough.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
never one of those furniture carts around when you need one

Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Teleportation can't come quick enough.
Nor the flood.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:11 AM

19,797 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post

It's called an "overnight bag" for a reason. What on earth is in there that is so valuable that you just have to have it on your trip and within 10 feet of your body? If you have valuable items like jewelry or electronics then put it in your purse/laptop bag or other type of larger bag. Then have your overnight bag with your precious 8 ounces of shampoo stored beneath the plane by handing it off to the guy at the bottom of the boarding bridge. It'll be there waiting for you as you get off.

<<end rant>>
I never exceed them, but I do cram my regulation carry-on to its limits. If you have ever been stuck in an airport for more than 24 hours having to endure one delay after another followed (eventually) by a cancellation, while going through the hassle of numerous rebookings (yes, I was a victim of last August's Delta fiasco) -- and not knowing if your checked luggage would be there when you finally reached your destination -- then, yes, you might also be tempted to put two or three outfits in your "overnight" bag!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events