Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 06:13 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,319,647 times

Advertisements

The number of times flights are having to delay and emergency land for this bs is getting out of control. Maybe it's time we hold we people financially accountable when their actions cause a change in the flight plan/time. And not just for what it costs the airline, but for what it costs the passengers who have to change plans, work, vacations etc... due to these people who don't know how to behave themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 12 days ago)

34,440 posts, read 16,536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
They should be added to the no-fly list for 10 years, plus given a healthy fine and community service.
I think the length of being on the no-fly list should be about six months for a first offense, and then rising from there to two years. I think ten years may be cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:16 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,928,087 times
I haven't flown commercially since 1999. Thank goodness I have my own airplane. No crazy passengers, no TSA, no schedules, no crammed into a flying sardine can. I come and go as I please, carry a loaded gun with no hassles, pack as much or as little baggage as I want. I feel sorry for most people who have no other realistic means other than to fly these days.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:41 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I realize that 9/11 was a big thing, but that was 15 years ago and to me convenience matters.

In the same thread about airline travel, you've invoked Stalin and goose-stepping AND downplayed 9/11. That's a shocking lack of self-awareness, even for you.

The couple in the video were having a fight and causing a disturbance. The same thing would have happened to them if they were in a local restaurant.

Going through a TSA screening (which you, as per usual here, have not experienced but have read about online) does not justify a passenger's bad behavior. Like it or not, consequences are part of life.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:27 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,123,000 times
He and his girlfriend may have been drinking before the flight. I don't think they were in their right minds to do what they did. The man is supposedly a vice-president for Citibank, this is a career killer to have your name splashed all over the papers and on TV.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,667,152 times
Rumor mill on Flyer Talk says flight attendant gossip is that the passengers were drunk at the gate, the FAs wanted to deny boarding but were overruled by a red coat (Delta on ground customer service supervisor). I guess at that point, the FAs decided they could try to make it work rather than having the pilot in charge, who has ultimate control over who gets on the plane, overrule the red coat.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:13 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,733,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
The number of times flights are having to delay and emergency land for this bs is getting out of control. Maybe it's time we hold we people financially accountable when their actions cause a change in the flight plan/time. And not just for what it costs the airline, but for what it costs the passengers who have to change plans, work, vacations etc... due to these people who don't know how to behave themselves.
Hardly.

There's just nothing else to fill the 24/7 news-cycle to which some people are perversely glued.

People perpetually fail to understand that social media and the dozens of 'news' (read: infotainment) channels simply report on myriad things about which we rrely heard before. The same phenomenon leads the low-information types to think that violence is out of control - but the '10s has the lowest violent crime rate of any decade since the '50s.

You actually have to look at the data, not make judgments by what you happen to see/hear being shouted from every television past which you walk.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:08 PM

545 posts, read 590,061 times
Trash!

Old 01-03-2017, 11:39 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,299,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weha View Post
the number of times flights are having to delay and emergency land for this bs is getting out of control. Maybe it's time we hold we people financially accountable when their actions cause a change in the flight plan/time. And not just for what it costs the airline, but for what it costs the passengers who have to change plans, work, vacations etc... Due to these people who don't know how to behave themselves.
👍🏻

Old 01-04-2017, 04:48 PM

199 posts, read 130,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They need to start letting passengers sucker punch these morons as they are getting yanked off the plane. I hope they are banned from flying.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...-QD09ojuZw.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events