Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 08:10 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,260,829 times

Advertisements

"Hartman said their father died shortly after -- and now she wants the airline to be held accountable."

"Held accountable" = we're going to sue.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
If someone was having a panic attack, it was probably for the best if they got off the plane and were offered medical attention, instead of suffering for the whole flight, making everyone else suffer as well. What if it was more than the woman could take, and she died? Then people are sitting there for hours with a smelly corpse that was screaming moments before. I understand being upset, but all those considerations are there for a reason. I doubt if the flight attendant was scheming to punish a suffering passenger. She's doing her job and following the rules her bosses told her to.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
"Hartman said their father died shortly after -- and now she wants the airline to be held accountable."

"Held accountable" = we're going to sue.
Sue because someone who was nowhere near the airport died? Who told them to move far away from each other? Who told them to wait until the last minute? They might not have gotten there in time anyway. Bottom Line: They're just looking for money.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
If someone was having a panic attack, it was probably for the best if they got off the plane and were offered medical attention, instead of suffering for the whole flight, making everyone else suffer as well. What if it was more than the woman could take, and she died? Then people are sitting there for hours with a smelly corpse that was screaming moments before. I understand being upset, but all those considerations are there for a reason. I doubt if the flight attendant was scheming to punish a suffering passenger. She's doing her job and following the rules her bosses told her to.

I agree, it seems there has to be something more that the sisters did to be ushered off the plane. Something just seems off about what the sisters say happened.

In the filmed interview they seemed so calm....I wonder if they were that calm when asked by the stewardess to re-seat themselves?? ...There must be something missing from the story...Anyone else think this way??

Old 01-06-2017, 08:29 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Could the flight attendant handled her words differently? Of course, but at the end of the day, the rules NEED to be followed and if the passenger refused to follow the rules, she needs to be removed from the plane. This is for the safety of everyone on the plane including herself. She very easily could have waited until they were in the air with the seatbelt sign off and then gone to her sister.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:35 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
The flight attendant and the airline was in the wrong. I feel bad for those sisters.
I feel bad for them, but rules are rules. It's not the flight attendant's fault that they had to tell her to sit down. They were in motion.

Suing the airline won't bring their father back. How long had he been in hospice?

Old 01-06-2017, 08:35 AM

797 posts, read 752,652 times
It is what it is.
Pretty typical though.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 AM

626 posts, read 903,334 times
She was wrong also. The flight attendant asked her to sit down for a reason. The fact that you're dad is dying is not carte blanche for you to ignore the flight attendants request. Why didn't they ask to be seated next to each other when they checked in; I'm sure the airline would've tried to accommodate them or passengers would readily switch seats. All this mess would've been easily avoided. That being said, throwing them off the plane is just a stupid irrational knee jerk reaction. They're both in the wrong.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:50 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sad for them but rules are rules, looks like they were itching to start something with the crew. How hard is it to stay in your seat and stay quiet.
This is the era of privilege. Even people responding on here are siding with the sisters. People need to listen to those people in charge especially on a plane.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:18 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This is the era of privilege. Even people responding on here are siding with the sisters. People need to listen to those people in charge especially on a plane.
That's what people don't seem to realize. These are FAA rules, not the airline's rules. If FAA rules are not followed, the airline can be fined SEVERELY by the FAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events