Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:22 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

terrible- poor workers -hope the po po will wait at every red light he goes through etc. give him BIG fines - let him try that at the court house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 07:01 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I get his anger this is why people are sick and tired of giving tax money to see it spent foolishly. The only way to fix MVDs is to outsource it like they did in my state. Now I can go to one of 100's small MVD's which operated in strip centers and are open 7 days a week 8am-10pm. They charge an extra $20 for most transactions but I'm happy to pay the $20 fee not to sit in a a waiting room for hours. My state closed several state operated MVD's due to the private companies that took over. He would have been much better off collecting signatures to pass a law to outsource MVD's.
Smartest thing my state did was decide to outsource DMV services to a variety of businesses located all over the place. There is one in an insurance broker business about 5 minutes from me. I used to have to drive nearly an hour to the DMV years ago and sit for hours.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:52 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Exactly.

The guy's a troublemaker. He also filed 3 lawsuits over this, costing taxpayers money to process them and for the judge to waste his time reviewing and listening to them before throwing them out.

Paying in pennies is juvenile. Guess he has time on his hands. Rich guy.
Once again, let me educate you on filing lawsuits. A person who sues in court has to pay a filing fee. They don't get to sue for nothing. If they lose (which he did,) he has to pay the court costs. He didn't spend taxpayer funds. And the judge get paid to hear cases in court no matter what cases they are. He/she will be busy hearing all kinds of cases, some with merit and some without. That is the judge's JOB.

We have the legal right to have our grievances heard in court, even if others think they are frivolous. Do you really want us to be unable to sue our local government in a court of law? In many cities, we can't, and the government gets away with a lot of things they shouldn't because of it.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
There are a 181 pennies to a pound... weigh them. Of course no one at the DMV was bright enough to figure that out.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
I've seen people do this before. Some companies wont allow paying in pennies. I guess the DMV is not one of them. IF it took 12 hours for them to count, he had to wait all this time at the DMV while they counted. I dont think he proved a thing but his stupidity.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:14 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,742,996 times
Just like people that go in and shoot a place up because they are disgruntled- usually innocent people get stuck paying the price. The only thing the DMV could do is like a bank in which a percentage of like 8% is charged for coin counting.

So this guy is pissed so to make a point he goes in & sheets and someone's else's day that probably is not making more than pennies themselves- makes sense to me..

Old 01-15-2017, 10:23 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There are a 181 pennies to a pound... weigh them. Of course no one at the DMV was bright enough to figure that out.
I really doubt it's that easy, it's not like they could just bring a bathroom scale from home. Pretty sure an attempt to use a scale would mean a scale that has been certified by some govt. agency to be accurate.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I wonder how many people denouncing this man for paying in pennies would love to have come up with some way to avenge the DMV themselves, if not in coinage, then in some other way. Until I moved to my small suburb, I got so angry at these apathetic government employees at the DMV and many other offices: Passport office, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Tax Office, etc. . . Most of the ones I dealt with were incredible slow and brusque if not downright rude. How many of you have had to deal with such people? He used a much better approach than violence, and if one wants to argue "How dare he make the employees stay late?" (facepalm), they are compensated for their hours on the job anyway.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
The DMV sucks, but that isn't the fault of the workers. I understand the man's anger, but he's only shown the world that he has no life outside of plotting revenge on people who didn't make the rules that angered him.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This is so funny! After this man has tried to sue the DMV for wasting his time. He got his payback. He came to settle up with wheelbarrows full of pennies. Took 12 hours to count.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/worth-...ain#.nfOBYaRbg

All because he wanted some phone numbers? God get a life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events