Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 PM

213 posts, read 204,693 times

Advertisements

Bedbugs are HORRIFYING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ugh, horrible, poor woman!
I call BS.

I've had bedbugs (bought a headboard from a hotel liquidator place), and they do not leave a mark like this. They leave three in a row: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And they're also small. That's why people don't know for a while when they have bedbugs because they think it's a rash or allergy or something. And it's almost always on your legs and arms.

Picture of Bedbug Bites

Also, in the daytime they do not move around like that; they are nocturnal, in fact, they can sense when you've fallen asleep and then their proboscis has anesthesia which keeps you from feeling them bite.

In an upscale hotel like that, there is no way hundreds of bedbugs were found. Maybe a few if the previous guest had them.

Definitely looks painful though whatever it is.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:16 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So she got hundreds of bites, but her husband wasn't bitten at all?

I know a family that brought back bed bugs from a hotel near Disneyland and the husband and kids all got bite but the wife didn't. Some people seem to be immune to them. They family had to spend $2500 for an exterminator to come and bring a bunch of high powered heaters in the house and get the temperature up to like 170 degrees for 2 days to kill them all.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
I had one bed bug bite and it looked similar. Not as severe but if my allergies kicked up, it would. Bed bugs bites (to me and my infant son) looked very similar.

How they could get this bad without someone reporting it is hard to understand. I spent 2 months in a room heavily infested with bed bugs. We moved the most infested items in a closet and both my and my infant son only got one bite each.

Still...its possible this happened to her.

But it could have also been she was allergic to something like sand fleas and they attacked her on the beach and she woke up like this.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:44 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I call BS.

I've had bedbugs (bought a headboard from a hotel liquidator place), and they do not leave a mark like this. They leave three in a row: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And they're also small. That's why people don't know for a while when they have bedbugs because they think it's a rash or allergy or something. And it's almost always on your legs and arms.

Picture of Bedbug Bites

Also, in the daytime they do not move around like that; they are nocturnal, in fact, they can sense when you've fallen asleep and then their proboscis has anesthesia which keeps you from feeling them bite.

In an upscale hotel like that, there is no way hundreds of bedbugs were found. Maybe a few if the previous guest had them.

Nope, even high end hotels do have heavy infestations at times.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:43 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I call BS.

Picture of Bedbug Bites

you are quite wrong here.

those most certainly are bed bug bites. this woman had an averse allergic reaction to them, which is why they are so big.

and for all you arguing that bed bugs wouldn't bite just one person and not the other, this also wrong.

bed bugs bite based on blood type and blood temperature.

hot blooded individuals are easier for the bed bugs to smell and feed off of.

and it is also true that a person who is not allergic to bed bug bites might not even notice being bit.

bed bugs are very fast and very smart. most times they will actually hide inside underside of the box spring and or floorboards in the corner of a closet.

the only come out late at night 3am-6am and they are lured by the output of your bodies carbon dioxide.

all it takes is one male and one female and you can have hundreds of them in a few weeks. they are really a horror, and DDT should be legalized again so that they can be eradicated from the US.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
you are quite wrong here.

those most certainly are bed bug bites. this woman had an averse allergic reaction to them, which is why they are so big.

and for all you arguing that bed bugs wouldn't bite just one person and not the other, this also wrong.

bed bugs bite based on blood type and blood temperature.

hot blooded individuals are easier for the bed bugs to smell and feed off of.

and it is also true that a person who is not allergic to bed bug bites might not even notice being bit.

bed bugs are very fast and very smart. most times they will actually hide inside underside of the box spring and or floorboards in the corner of a closet.

the only come out late at night 3am-6am and they are lured by the output of your bodies carbon dioxide.

all it takes is one male and one female and you can have hundreds of them in a few weeks. they are really a horror, and DDT should be legalized again so that they can be eradicated from the US.

Oh, they don't have any timetable as to when they come out I don' believe. When I had them, all it took was just sitting or laying down on the bed for a bit, any time of day, and they came out popping wheelies across the sheets trying to get at me. Grrrrr, hate is a strong term, but I HATE bedbugs. I've never dealt with a nastier pest. There is no form of death that could be inflicted I would hesitate to use on them. The place I lived in for a short time that was invaded I would have happily just torched. Without the bed bug problem.

I have seen a case where the person that was being bit rashed up horribly. The bite site welted up like giant hives and the itching and burning was pretty bad too. He wound up at the doctor who suggested he inspect his sleeping quarters and look for environmental causes. He didn't specify bed bugs but that's what it turned out to be. When there's a lot of the little vermin they can leave pretty obvious messes where they congregate. Tarry looking stains from their defacation. They are tough to get rid of, and I'm with you on DDT. Diazonon was another good one that's been taken away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events