Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:34 AM

1,110 posts, read 896,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Pennsylvania HS graduate shot in the head in road rage incident - NY Daily News

The murderer still has not been apprehended.

But one thing I do not understand is why does the headline say "high school graduate"? Yes, she just graduated, but most people are high school graduates. It would be just as attention-grabbing to say "18-year-old shot in road rage incident".
I think that she had just graduated or was about to, and to go to University. It was a tragic waste of a young life, but she freely partook of the stupid interactions that got her shot. Not that she deserved to die, (who expects to die while driving?), but playing chicken or baiting someone can lead to no good...

Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
I think that she had just graduated or was about to, and to go to University. It was a tragic waste of a young life, but she freely partook of the stupid interactions that got her shot. Not that she deserved to die, (who expects to die while driving?), but playing chicken or baiting someone can lead to no good...
I don't know where you got that from the linked article (maybe other articles go into more detail). It said that both cars tried to merge into the same lane at the same time, which caused the driver to get mad and shoot her. I wouldn't consider that "freely [partking] of the stupid interactions that got her shot" based on the details in the linked article. It's highly possible that the two just merged together at near the same time (one of them not paying attention). Happens all the time, and two cars will usually just wait to re-merge. Unless there's more details in other articles (and I haven't read all of the posts in this thread) about her going after the truck in a classic road rage manner, then I don't see how her actions (outside of what any other reasonable person would do) contributed to her death.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:59 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Huh? Where on earth did you get that all this occurred?

All it takes is some nut job thinking you cut them off(even if you didn't) and it begins.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:29 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
I have a feeling the MSM is deliberately withholding information about the incident, in order to support its usual agenda.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:45 AM

209 posts, read 220,039 times
This was not simply "road rage." I seriously doubt that he would have used his gun to kill a white girl/woman. More than likely he targeted her simply due to her race/skin color. Nothing less, nothing more. Quiet as it's kept, the North Eastern states are filled with white people who have a similar mindset.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:53 AM

745 posts, read 480,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
This was not simply "road rage." I seriously doubt that he would have used his gun to kill a white girl/woman. More than likely he targeted her simply due to her race/skin color. Nothing less, nothing more. Quiet as it's kept, the North Eastern states are filled with white people who have a similar mindset.
Neither you nor I know that. The problem with bringing race into this is that there are so many cases where race is brought into situations where it is not really an issue. Furthermore, it remains to be seen what is motives are, but I frankly don't care. He should be put down.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 PM

209 posts, read 220,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
Neither you nor I know that. The problem with bringing race into this is that there are so many cases where race is brought into situations where it is not really an issue. Furthermore, it remains to be seen what is motives are, but I frankly don't care. He should be put down.
I'm willing to bet that race played a pivotal role. Many people don't understand how deep the hatred against black people is in this nation. Again, I seriously doubt that he would have shot a white girl/woman, while driving. Anyone who pretends that this didn't involve race is simply not being truthful.

The family needs to demand a thorough investigation into his background and ensure that he is also charged with a hate crime.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post

Considering road rage appears to be more and more of a problem these days, I would say it is helpful to understand the root of the problem. How does road rage get started? What is road rage about?

That's easy.
People keep getting ruder and ruder and more inconsiderate of those around them.
It used to be you'd be publicly shamed. Now you are publicly celebrated and may even get to go on a talk show. At the very least, there will be a youtube video in your honor.

Also there are far more ways to anonymously be an ahole. Driving is one of them. And it's a big one. People act like total aholes when they drive bc they are anonymous and what're you gonna do about it, punk?!

Add cell phones.

Add new obtainable instant gratification with ANYTHING (you want a food? a movie? booze? a book? INSTANTLY to your device or front door! no waiting! bored in line? here's facebook! TEXT YOUR FRIEND! get an INSTANT response!)...that has been shown in studied to decrease attention span AND will power.

Add craploads more people driving than ever before (and half of them are morons).

Et voila!

Road rage.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:11 PM

745 posts, read 480,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I'm willing to bet that race played a pivotal role. Many people don't understand how deep the hatred against black people is in this nation. Again, I seriously doubt that he would have shot a white girl/woman, while driving. Anyone who pretends that this didn't involve race is simply not being truthful.

The family needs to demand a thorough investigation into his background and ensure that he is also charged with a hate crime.
Well, who knows what his motives were? We can theorize all we want. If he were put down today or tomorrow, that would be the best solution. That's all I'm saying.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:14 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
I watch a pickup that got cut off by a car go crazy. The lady driving the car tried to yield to him afterwards, getting to the far right, slowing down, and he just slowed down beside her. He held up 3 lanes of traffic because it was swerving towards her like he was trying to hit her. As soon as I saw an open I put the pedal to the floor and put as much distance between them and the situation as I could. There are some seriously crazy people out there, you don't know who you're driving beside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events