Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 PM

431 posts, read 352,307 times

Advertisements

Refer Madness!

I don't smoke pot (or anything else and don't drink either) but I have no problem with this and yes, I'm a NV resident.

What I find funny is all the hysteria about how suddenly we will have potheads walking around every street like zombies. People have been smoking pot for decades even though it was illegal. Making it legal is not going to cause a sudden mass smokefest. Pretty much anyone that wanted to smoke pot before was able too.

What the new will do is generate some tax revenue and greatly reduce costs and law enforcement manpower that was previously wasted (no pun intended ) on busting potheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 09:42 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Just remember, and I think we can agree on this, there is a problem with smoking pot.

- It's that you now have less pot.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:10 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Just remember, and I think we can agree on this, there is a problem with smoking pot.

- It's that you now have less pot.

the gov't will provide

Old 07-15-2017, 07:41 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Except it doesn't numb your mind, it does the opposite, it expands it. You certainly don't have to use, but you might want to correct your misinformed idea of it. More and more use vapes now, no smell.

The movers and shakers are profiting mightily, from the war on drugs.

I appreciate your desire to "correct" what you perceive to be invalid . Sadly I have no desire to come over to the dark side of thinking to appease the masses who think it improves motor skills or thinking in general. It does neither. But that is irrelevant. THe fact is most who are recreational users will defend their poison. I know I certainly did when I was a user. But I corrected that and now think clearly and with much more respect for a drug that can cause more harm then good.

It was professed years ago that AMerica would fall from within, and drugs would be the quickest way to have it come undone. I tend to see that truth coming to light, despite the amount of smoke screens being disguised as lucrative tax revenue.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:03 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I appreciate your desire to "correct" what you perceive to be invalid . Sadly I have no desire to come over to the dark side of thinking to appease the masses who think it improves motor skills or thinking in general. It does neither. But that is irrelevant. THe fact is most who are recreational users will defend their poison. I know I certainly did when I was a user. But I corrected that and now think clearly and with much more respect for a drug that can cause more harm then good.

It was professed years ago that AMerica would fall from within, and drugs would be the quickest way to have it come undone. I tend to see that truth coming to light, despite the amount of smoke screens being disguised as lucrative tax revenue.
Well, there you have it, everyone. Nov3 already sees it.

Cannabis, yes Cannabis, will be the downfall of America. Remember him/her when it happens.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:43 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
A prophecy worthy of Nostradamus.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Or Reefer Madness.

It's the balance (right word?) that is missed in these discussions.

Some of us only use marijuana sparingly. For me it's pain relief so I can sleep. The other end of the spectrum are those who spend their lives stoned, and are basically useless in society. I think the vast majority fall somewhere in between. Use it more than I do, but not constantly.

If America does fall because of drugs marijuana will have little to do with it. Crack, heroin, opioids, etc are the real problem, and there is little hope for a solution considering the government's "solution".

Anyone who screams that marijuana is a gateway drug misses the truth of the matter. Any drug can be. Alcohol is a much more dangerous "gateway" drug. Even the term gateway is misleading. If a person has an addictive personality (me, for instance) they will, at some point, fall into the use of alcohol and drugs. I am fortunate in that I recognize my problem and my wife has orders to tell me if I'm drinking too much. If she says I am I stop. Period.

The problem we see today is that hard rugs are too easy to get. When I was into the scene in the 60's it was rare to meet someone who used heroin, and meth was just meth. No crack or whatever they use now. No opioids. Some morphine was around, but few used it. Most of what was used was marijuana, pills like seconal, "Pink hearts", etc. Once in awhile someone who show up with lsd or mescaline.

If you want to get screwed up today just go to your doctor. If he's the right kind you can get whatever you want. If not go to the strip and ask a few people.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
What I would think will happen is that some people will move to those state allowing legal marijuana...either because of their recreational use or for medical conditions. Of course, they'll still need jobs, unless retired or having very flexible employment.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:42 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times
!

Old 07-20-2017, 04:20 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
The "bread" of "Bread and Circuses" can be anything - as long as it serves the purposes of those in control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events