Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 PM

51,099 posts, read 36,794,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
What I would think will happen is that some people will move to those state allowing legal marijuana...either because of their recreational use or for medical conditions. Of course, they'll still need jobs, unless retired or having very flexible employment.
People aren't going to just start smoking after they move there, they are moving there because they already smoke. Most of those of us ADULTS who smoke are responsible citizens, professionals, business owners regardless whether live in states with legal pot or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:14 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,671,445 times
so now i can drive with pot in my trunk of my car?

Old 07-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
so now i can drive with pot in my trunk of my car?
As long as you're not transporting across state lines and it doesn't exceed the amount individuals are allowed to possess, which I would suppose varies from state to state. You still have to follow whatever the state regs are, just as you do with alcohol.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:39 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,671,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As long as you're not transporting across state lines and it doesn't exceed the amount individuals are allowed to possess, which I would suppose varies from state to state. You still have to follow whatever the state regs are, just as you do with alcohol.

Yea, i'll be coming from California, which will legalize it next year. Oh well YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Yea, i'll be coming from California, which will legalize it next year. Oh well YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In NJ the cigarette tax is very high, and in Delaware it's low, so many people try to drive to DE and bring back cartons of cigarettes, but even for that, the police on the Jersey side sit on the bridge and pull people over looking for cigarettes. I don't know what the criteria is that makes one suspicious, but I'd not try to bring it over to a state where it's not legal yet, unless it was a very small amount (if I went to a legal state I would be very tempted to try to get some edibles back with me, lol)

Old 07-23-2017, 09:56 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,919,495 times
Quote:
In NJ the cigarette tax is very high, and in Delaware it's low, so many people try to drive to DE and bring back cartons of cigarettes, but even for that, the police on the Jersey side sit on the bridge and pull people over looking for cigarettes. I don't know what the criteria is that makes one suspicious, but I'd not try to bring it over to a state where it's not legal yet, unless it was a very small amount (if I went to a legal state I would be very tempted to try to get some edibles back with me, lol)
Don't you have to have a legal ID for that state to buy/possess anything?

Old 07-23-2017, 11:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,430,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
The "bread" of "Bread and Circuses" can be anything - as long as it serves the purposes of those in control.
Bread and Circuses was a ploy to distract people from the problems stemming from the government. Yet the states that have normalized marijuana are among the more successful states in the country.

If it were really a case of Bread and Circuses, Trump would be handing out free samples personally.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I'm sure. Again, the regulations are similar to alcohol except there are limits to how much you can possess with pot. The age to buy is at least 21 just like alcohol. No one is going to take a chance paying a huge fine, losing their pot mercantile license worth a fortune that many people want to have just so they can make a sale to someone without i.d. , just as the vast majority of bar and liquor store owners would rarely take that chance.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
You mean cigarettes? No you can buy cigarettes in any state (people vacation in other states after all) it's just transporting across state lines in amounts they consider over the limit (not sure what that is). It is all to avoid losing tax revenue. My nephew used to buy those Indian cigarettes online, tax-free, for himself and a few family members, and then one day he got a bill in the mail from the NJ State Treasury Department for over $700 in taxes. The state had gotten warrants to see the customer records from the online cigarette seller so they could go after people for the taxes. So then he started making monthly trips to Delaware, lol.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:31 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,919,495 times
Quote:
You mean cigarettes? No you can buy cigarettes in any state (people vacation in other states after all) it's just transporting across state lines in amounts they consider over the limit (not sure what that is). It is all to avoid losing tax revenue. My nephew used to buy those Indian cigarettes online, tax-free, for himself and a few family members, and then one day he got a bill in the mail from the NJ State Treasury Department for over $700 in taxes. The state had gotten warrants to see the customer records from the online cigarette seller so they could go after people for the taxes. So then he started making monthly trips to Delaware, lol.
Sorry should have been more specific. I meant pot. In Washington State you do have to be a legal resident and they limit the amount you can buy. That's what I was told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events