Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:44 PM

2,180 posts, read 2,318,692 times

Advertisements

"Dagmara was described as a beautiful, happy and popular pupil who had an extremely bright future ahead of her"

The above doesn't sound like a suicide victim, despite the bullying. A serious investigation needs to be launched into this "suicide".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 02:12 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
It was a long time ago but I was severely bullied in high school.

No amount of reaching out or confiding or being positive ever helped me!

I don't know how things are now but I was basically told to handle it myself; to be the mature one and be diplomatic.

I was shy and scared to death but was told I was "stuck on myself".

I was the one who got detention after being beaten up (the usual 6-7 against one) in gym class!

Some of us just can't handle it.

And if "no one " has the power to make others do anything , cults etc would not exist.
Hmm makes me want to study and listen to some debates on "free will".
Yep. The schools and society simply stack the deck against the bullied - even to the point that the very word victim is a pejorative. People say the victim should take personal responsibility for their response (which is hypocritical, see below). I say how about the perpetrators take responsibility for their own basebrain impulses to abuse and degrade others - namely by questioning what actual constructive good demeaning others has in the first place.

As for "free will", basic common sense says our wills are not completely free. If that were true, wouldn't gays and transsexuals in homophobic and transphobic societies would choose to be straight and cisgendered?

Old 07-19-2017, 10:59 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
"Dagmara was described as a beautiful, happy and popular pupil who had an extremely bright future ahead of her"

The above doesn't sound like a suicide victim, despite the bullying. A serious investigation needs to be launched into this "suicide".
No one said it was a suicide, did they? The article I read didn't say. It only said that an investigation was in progress.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:05 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
What a beautiful photogenic girl. The boys were probably falling all over themselves, hence the jealous girls and their big mean mouths. It reminds me of the suicide case of the girl from Ireland in Massachusetts, she was attractive, and the ex boyfriend of one girl liked her so a group of mean girls took her down. A pretty girl in school has to be popular or likely to face the wrath of the mean girls.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:58 AM

115 posts, read 98,201 times
If the kids taught to treat each other kindly then this won't happen. The education starts from home.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:16 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Yes, I know this first-hand. They should be put in jail and let the games begin.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:24 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one said it was a suicide, did they? The article I read didn't say. It only said that an investigation was in progress.
The included photos indicated that she took her own life. The article only talked about physical bullying, but there might have also been vicious bullying going on via social media even if she was a really popular girl otherwise.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deankendrick View Post
If the kids taught to treat each other kindly then this won't happen. The education starts from home.
Im not so sure about that. Ive known many young people who came from great homes, parents were loving and caring, etc, but the kids had 2 sides to them (girls are definitely worse imo), they have one side they let their parents and family see, and another side that is reserved for friends only, , its this side to them that is extremely mean and nasty.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Coroner rules the case "open" and "likely suicide".

The tone of this article is pretty different from the earlier one, on the degree of bullying she had suffered for some reason, and notes she didn't know the name of the girl who made the worst comment.

So sad.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/co...dagmara-366376

Old 06-11-2018, 08:34 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I wonder if anything can be done about persistent bullies .
Persistant torment from bullyings equivalent to harassment; should be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events