Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:50 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Should have just brought a serious weapon to school.....and used it if necessary.

People put their hands on others, one warning and that is it......then you get what you have coming, and you deserve whatever that is.
So your solution would have been for a child to bring a gun to school, then open fire in a crowded school at her tormentors? What could possibly go wrong with such a rock solid plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Very tragic, yet I'm not surprised. And had it been a boy being bullied to that extreme, perhaps he'd have exacted revenge on his tormentors, rather than take his life.

And does anyone consider this 16 year old to have been mentally ill? Because, this story is why I don't believe that in school shootings, the victims were entirely innocent and that the NRA is to blame.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:33 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I grew up and went to school in Manchester, we had poles who couldn't speak English, no-one bothered them. I became life long friends with a Diaczuk family, great people.

Kids will zero in on self centered types though.
Suicide is an extreme form of selfishness.

I see so called "bullying" as an unsophisticated response to self centered kids.
No-one has the power to make someone kill themself. It was already there.
If anything, comments like this give more credibility to how suicide victims see the world - unempathetic, uncaring and overly judgmental.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
This story isn't about "bullying" in my observation.

She didn't, apparently, know the names of the girls who had said unflattering things to her or about her. And she broke her own hand after not doing well in PE.

This girl is exceptionally pretty. She's lived in the area for a very long time, so she's not a newcomer who was rejected, and she had a long time boyfriend who was dedicated to her until the day before her death when she was afraid he'd break up with her, and she asked him the day prior to her death, about how he would feel if she killed herself.

Best guess - from the last article - is she thought he was about to break up with her and that's what caused her to do this horrific act.

What a loss of a lovely young woman. Only God knows what she was thinking. Her many friends don't have any idea.

I think we can all think of kids who were victims of horrific bullying. They had zero friends, they were physically unattractive, and every day was a nightmare for them, being physically and emotionally attacked. Yet, typically, they lived to tell the awful tale in adulthood.

Last edited by ClaraC; 06-11-2018 at 07:43 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 09:03 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Persistant torment from bullyings equivalent to harassment; should be treated as such.
Yep. We adults wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior in any workplace. Why should our kids have to put up with it? Seems to me that if you're of legal age to be employed outside the family business, then you're old enough to behave at an adult level when it comes to basic treatment of others. OR we could simply raise the minimum employment age to 18. Your choice, society.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 8 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Cornwall can be quite insular and rural, and it's certainly not as cosmopolitan as many other areas.

This is very sad, and the School needs to review it's anti-bullying strategy.

Bullying and cyber-bullying is taken seriously in the UK, and there are laws in place to protect individuals.

As for overall suicide rates they are falling in the UK, with better training in intervention and engagement being one of the main reasons.

UK suicide rate shows largest drop for 20 years - BBC News

Drop in suicide rate in Britain linked to prevention work in England - Guardian

Drop in rail suicides after new Samaritans course - BBC News

Commuters urged to help stop suicides through small talk - BBC News

Suicides On Railways Fall By 12% In First Year Of Samaritans And Network Rail Intervention Scheme - Huffington Post UK

Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This story isn't about "bullying" in my observation.

She didn't, apparently, know the names of the girls who had said unflattering things to her or about her. And she broke her own hand after not doing well in PE.

This girl is exceptionally pretty. She's lived in the area for a very long time, so she's not a newcomer who was rejected, and she had a long time boyfriend who was dedicated to her until the day before her death when she was afraid he'd break up with her, and she asked him the day prior to her death, about how he would feel if she killed herself.

Best guess - from the last article - is she thought he was about to break up with her and that's what caused her to do this horrific act.

What a loss of a lovely young woman. Only God knows what she was thinking. Her many friends don't have any idea.

I think we can all think of kids who were victims of horrific bullying. They had zero friends, they were physically unattractive, and every day was a nightmare for them, being physically and emotionally attacked. Yet, typically, they lived to tell the awful tale in adulthood.

Interesting take seeing as it completely contradicts the article which made it pretty clear that bullying was the reason for the tragedy, the reason she broker her hand (to avoid school) and how the break up of the boyfriend was simply a rumor he said was not true.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:47 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
That posted article is very long. It goes on and on and on, as if it's trying to convince the public that this wasn't a case of lynching.

Dagnara wasn't a wimp who cowered in the presence of bullies. She stood up for other students who were being bullied. She was beautiful, which is probably why the gang targeted her for their insults. It's nor "racism", it was jealousy. Deep, seething jealousy.

This seems more like murder than suicide. I wonder if that gang of girls has influential parents?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
She said something about racism. She is white. It's possible that at this British school, the vast majority of students are of middle eastern descent. So she was likely a racial minority there, being of European descent. She's also very pretty so it's possible jealousy was a motive for the bullying.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

I read the article and saw her pics. I feel the bullying had to due with the fact that this girl was very pretty. The other girls might have been jealous and spiteful over that (i mean if you are ugly then you need to blame your parents for procreating!)

My thoughts exactly. This girl was stunning. Most likely the other girls were jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events