Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:58 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Once again the internet is stupid today. Describing her as a sociopath, saying she had no remorse or claiming her behavior was as bad as the punks who enjoyed watching the disabled man drown is simply not backed up by the facts. I too was troubled that she remained on the air while her sister died but that is just life in 2017. And of course there is no excuse for her behavior that led to all of this.

But she was clearly remorseful. From the story in the opening post these were her quotes: "The is the last thing I want to happen, okay? Alright?...If you don't survive, I'm so (expletive) sorry."

How exactly are those the words of a sociopath with no remorse?
Finally someone who is not over reacting. She was remorseful did a horrible thing based on a series of poor decisions and that deserves punishment. Nothing here was intentional.

"Well she intentionally drank then decided to drive."
Yes, because people make stupid decisions when intoxicated.

If not for the social media element, she essentially was "merely" drunk driving. I know plenty of people who've done that (most posters here probably do too, they just don't know it) and plenty on the road do that everyday yet are not sociopaths despite what people here think.

It's the narcissism of social media that led to this. For all we know, she would be home with her sister if not for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 03:42 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
You must be very kindhearted and naive.
Not at all. But you need to look up the definition of the word sociopath before you confront me again. I clearly said there is no excuse for her behavior that led to this tragedy. But the claim that she showed no remorse and acted as a sociopath is simply not supported by the facts. I have no idea why we are even debating this. Read the story again.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:22 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Her first reaction is to put a video on Instagram.

Authorities say a 14-year-old died in the crash and, in the video, she references the victim as her sister. The CHP says two minors were in the back seat were not wearing seatbelts. The CHP says Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field.

Then she says:

"I killed my sister, but I don't care," she said in the video. "I killed my sister. I know I'm going to prison, but I don't care. I'm sorry baby. I'm a hold it down."

18-year-old woman arrested after live streaming deadly crash near Los Banos | abc30.com

In other words it's all about her.
Disgusting!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:16 PM

783 posts, read 576,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's not a "hang up", it's actually one of Jesus' most important virtues, but you go ahead and continue to look like a jackwagon, you seem to be good at that.

Lot of perfect people pairing in this thread.
One of Jesus' most important virtues was crying over stupid people intentionally doing stupid things and killing people? Huh, I must have missed that. Maybe Jesus would have taken pity on this girl and accepted her into heaven if she had died, right after getting drunk and killing her sister.

Yeah. I can totally see that happening. /s

Old 07-29-2017, 11:12 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Let's move on from What Would Jesus Do, please.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Narcissism is thinking you own the road, are immune to the rules, and don't make everyone's safety a priority.
Alcohol, speeding, weaving, cell phones, doing makeup, sleepy driving, whatever.

My coworker just lost 4 family members (pregnant woman and her 3 boys (11, 7, and 3) to a speeding red light runner.

It's all just sad and sick.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:33 PM

2,180 posts, read 2,318,692 times
I never knew my paternal grandfather because of a young man's choice to drink and drive. He died when my dad and uncle were very young. Ironically, the drunk that killed my granddad was struck by a drunk driver himself years later. He died, leaving two young sons as my grandfather had.

It is a choice to drink and drive. This young lady should get the max. The impact is just shattering to the survivors.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:51 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Her first reaction is to put a video on Instagram.

Authorities say a 14-year-old died in the crash and, in the video, she references the victim as her sister. The CHP says two minors were in the back seat were not wearing seatbelts. The CHP says Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her car over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field.

Then she says:

"I killed my sister, but I don't care," she said in the video. "I killed my sister. I know I'm going to prison, but I don't care. I'm sorry baby. I'm a hold it down."

18-year-old woman arrested after live streaming deadly crash near Los Banos | abc30.com

In other words it's all about her.
We need to take the cell phones away from our kids. I know that's going to be impossible, but something has got to change. Our kids are becoming zombies on these devices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events