Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:31 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,185 times

Advertisements

Here in OH they do a DNA test before ordering child support if you are unmarried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Here in OH they do a DNA test before ordering child support if you are unmarried.
They do that in Texas too. Unless the guy dodges coming in for testing, and refuses to be located, and then they default him and then let him figure it out once they assess a child support payment.

It's funny, a guy who spends significant time and effort dodging a court warrant for his DNA will usually come forward when he's sent a child support bill.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:12 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They do that in Texas too. Unless the guy dodges coming in for testing, and refuses to be located, and then they default him and then let him figure it out once they assess a child support payment.

It's funny, a guy who spends significant time and effort dodging a court warrant for his DNA will usually come forward when he's sent a child support bill.
Isn't it amazing how they can be bothered to come climbing out of the woods once that child support order has been issued? Could have saved themselves a whole mess of trouble just by showing up to court and doing the silly test.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Courts: Billionaire Kirk Kerkorian's ex-wife says their daughter, 3, needs $320,000 a month - LA Times

Kirk Kevorkian (billionaire) is paying child support on a kid later to find out it isn't even his!

Ex-wife wanted to increase it to 320K a month!
Kerkorian paid support for several years after finding out she wasn't his and left her nearly $9 million in his will.

Her bio father is billionaire Steve Bing. He had his own paternity dispute with actress Elizabeth Hurley.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:26 AM

902 posts, read 862,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, or probably much more realistically, I'm a mom and my child is entitled to support from his father.
Must be nice being a woman. I'm the custodial parent with around 70% physical custody and I pay child support to the mother. Why you ask? Because entitled women lobbied for outrageous laws in Illinois that make the higher earner pay child support.

Children are typically only entitled to money from a father. Children should be supported by both parents, not simply used as a VISA gift card by women.

Last edited by Campfires; 07-27-2017 at 11:35 AM..

Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Courts: Billionaire Kirk Kerkorian's ex-wife says their daughter, 3, needs $320,000 a month - LA Times

Kirk Kevorkian (billionaire) is paying child support on a kid later to find out it isn't even his!

Ex-wife wanted to increase it to 320K a month!

And that story is a great example of why you never give your STBX/ex-spouse a single thin dime that isn't court ordered. He was giving her an additional $20,000-$30,000 a month above and beyond the court order. When he stopped doing that, she took him back to court to make that amount t permanent.

Holy entitlement Batman!

What a country!

Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
And that story is a great example of why you never give your STBX/ex-spouse a single thin dime that isn't court ordered. He was giving her an additional $20,000-$30,000 a month above and beyond the court order. When he stopped doing that, she took him back to court to make that amount t permanent.

Holy entitlement Batman!

What a country!
She also falsified the paternity test, she stole a toothbrush that belonged to his daughter from another marriage for testing.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:02 PM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,399,819 times
All the state funding in every state is driven by matching Federal funds. That is why the states are all over tracking down non-payment of child support. Here in NJ, whenever you apply for something like a driver's license or professional license, one of the questions is always about owing child support. The problem with this is, if you need a license to work and you are behind, you either lie on the form (a crime) to get the license to earn money to pay the support or you affirm that you are behind and do not get the license and do not get the job to try and pay the support. In the first instance you are screwed if they find out you lied and in the second instance you and the child are both screwed.

"For every dollar a state or local government spends on the child support program, it receives 66 cents from the federal government (also known as Federal Financial Participation, or FFP). The federal government also provides incentive payments, which are designed to encourage states to operate strong performance-based child support programs."

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/OCSEDataBlog...ing-2008-2016/

Old 07-27-2017, 01:47 PM

46H,

I'm well aware of that funding issue. For the uninitiated, hopefully your knowledgeable post illustrates a less emotional reason as to why the higher earner typically is the payor in child support cases.

I suppose the initial post in this thread is more personal for me than most which can make it challenging for me to look at the issue unbiasedly.

As others have clearly shown, the subject of this thread has created a lot of his own problems. Others have illustrated how paternity absent a DNA test is literally based on the mother's word. That is an outrageous quagmire that some unwitting male could be thrust into and then have to spend thousands of dollars fighting to prove the truth. Family courts do not move fast. They move glacially when it comes to lowering/eliminating child support ordered amounts since the state is financially incentivized to keep the tally of bricks at the same height or higher.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
She also falsified the paternity test, she stole a toothbrush that belonged to his daughter from another marriage for testing.
In for a penny, in for a pound I suppose. How long did she go to jail for? (rhetorical)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events