Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:11 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,027,144 times

Advertisements

I'm speechless. How can he possibly have a legal leg to stand on in this case?!

Georgia student sues CSX after he lost his legs to a train | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm speechless. How can he possibly have a legal leg to stand on in this case?!

Georgia student sues CSX after he lost his legs to a train | Daily Mail Online
Zing!!

Old 07-24-2017, 10:46 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,233,915 times
How many honor students do not know it is stupid to walk on train tracks?

Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,522,736 times
Another frivolous lawsuit that I hope gets tossed out faster than you can't say he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
The article says he played the stand up base in the band. Do they make a sit down base cause this kid needs one now.

This kind of stuff happens too often and it usually involves someone trying to beat the train.
Walking on active tracks is trespassing and just plain stupid. CSX will probably pay out but I would want more than $100,000 if I was going to give up a leg.

Who knows why the crew didn't blow the horn? it sounds like they did not see him until it was too late.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Wonder if he had headphones on or maybe was walking buy another train engine that covered the noise of the approaching train.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,362,586 times
Let me see if I have this straight;

*Teenager trespasses onto posted railroad property... an illegal act.

*Teenager walks along live tracks... a stupid thing to do.

*Teenager puts ear buds in ears to obscure any warning sounds... an incredibly stupid thing to do.

*Teenager then blames railroad for not seeing, warning, braking, stopping in time (which due to the laws of physics wasn't possible).

*Teenager sues railroad for his pain and suffering, despite the fact that he was the one who put himself in danger by his own stupidity.

Well, of course CSX is going to be sued, because in this 'take no personal responsibility' world we have now, that's just what you do. I'm sorry the kid was so badly injured, and his life has changed so drastically. But put the responsibility where it belongs.

The other reason CSX is being sued, is 'that's where the money is'. Can't have the family absorbing the cost of Juniors screw-up, now can we.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The article says he played the stand up base in the band. Do they make a sit down base cause this kid needs one now.
Prosthetic legs.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,179,321 times
This kid, we'll call him Beavis, is what you call "incredibly stupid". CSX shouldn't have to lose a red cent over Beavis's stupidity.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:47 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,593,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Let me see if I have this straight;

*Teenager trespasses onto posted railroad property... an illegal act.

*Teenager walks along live tracks... a stupid thing to do.

*Teenager puts ear buds in ears to obscure any warning sounds... an incredibly stupid thing to do.

*Teenager then blames railroad for not seeing, warning, braking, stopping in time (which due to the laws of physics wasn't possible).

*Teenager sues railroad for his pain and suffering, despite the fact that he was the one who put himself in danger by his own stupidity.

Well, of course CSX is going to be sued, because in this 'take no personal responsibility' world we have now, that's just what you do. I'm sorry the kid was so badly injured, and his life has changed so drastically. But put the responsibility where it belongs.

The other reason CSX is being sued, is 'that's where the money is'. Can't have the family absorbing the cost of Juniors screw-up, now can we.
My guess is the teenager is dumb, and the parents blame CSX. At his age he's not even old enough to file is he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events