Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:35 PM

531 posts, read 386,246 times

Advertisements

Guy shouldnt have flipped the bird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 09:56 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,150,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
None - but what's that got do with many of us having no sympathy for this guy.

Nothing.
The victim got stabbed, for, as you say, speeding, and flipping a bird.
How does that make sense to you?

Old 08-01-2017, 10:23 PM

600 posts, read 570,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
The victim got stabbed, for, as you say, speeding, and flipping a bird.
How does that make sense to you?
Guy will probably slow down and stop flipping the bird at people from now on. He learned a lesson. Karma is a b****.

People don't don't just get stabbed. Idiot probably thought he was a tough guy. Got out of his car, went up to the victim and starting attacking him. Then he got stabbed in self defense.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,166,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Because being an ahole is a justifiable reason for being killed? Sure oughta be a whole lot more dead people around then.
No kidding! The bodies would be piling up in the streets.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,166,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Guy shouldnt have flipped the bird.
That's just silly. Inadvertently, my husband cut off a guy in traffic. The cars met at the next light. The highly tinted window rolled down, and a proud middle finger came out. It was hysterical.

No violence was exchanged, just some chagrin by my husband.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:24 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,894,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure where your ambivalence is coming from. Even if some jerk/punk does something stupid like shoot a bird or mouth off, they do not deserve to be murdered.

Maybe you are channeling frustration that others have done the same to you with seeming impunity, and over time you hope they pay a price for it.
That would be an understandable emotion.
However, unless you are sick in your mind and ill in your heart, you should not think such trivial things warrant being killed for such behavior.
I think he said he had no sympathy. I don't think he said people deserved a death sentence for giving the finger.

People act out stupidly, and sometimes meet a bigger nut. If one goes around poking bears with sticks, they aren't going to get a fair trial and a ticket, they're going to get their face chewed off.

Just bc someone is out driving around, doesn't mean they aren't mentally ill or not capable committing acts of unwarranted violence.

I've been in the position of having to transport a mentally ill and dangerous person. Everyone got flipped off and howled at on the way to the hospital. I advised I wouldn't be doing that again, as the only crazy who's history was known to me, was inside the car.

Flip off a crazy person, get an unpredictable response. No sympathy.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:20 AM

531 posts, read 386,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's just silly. Inadvertently, my husband cut off a guy in traffic. The cars met at the next light. The highly tinted window rolled down, and a proud middle finger came out. It was hysterical.

No violence was exchanged, just some chagrin by my husband.
It doesnt sound like your husband is a crazy man who would kill someone for flipping him the bird. However, since we know that such crazy people do exist, its wise to not go around flipping random people off. That guy shouldnt have flipped the bird.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:31 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,539,551 times
Never give the finger in the Bronx. Give a Bronx cheer.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:39 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,907,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Imagine if some jerk mocked and flipped off a dead soldier's funeral in front of the grieving parents. Imagine if you were involved in a wreck, and your child or wife is killed, and someone drives by and mocks you and flips you off.

You can bet my already agitated mind would be so consumed with anger at that point, chasing after that person would be an automatic given. I'm not saying I would want to stab that person, but you never knew what can happen in the heat of the moment.
You might get really angry with someone if someone offends you. And you certainly have the right to get angry.

However, if you attack somebody just because you're mad, you're off to the slammer. If you kill them, you may be gone for life. In my state and a lot of others, they may permanently X you off the list.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:11 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,651,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Never give the finger in the Bronx. Give a Bronx cheer.
Just yell, "Yankees Suck" in the Bronx! It's similar to giving the finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events