Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 09:37 PM

96 posts, read 91,947 times

Advertisements

if this world was that evil, none of us of would alive or living the quality of life we do in the States. Humans have been violent since our beginnings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 03:10 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Day after day some story about some gruesome or inhuman causes of death. This need to do more harm than just killing them, they have to make it gruesome, this evil seems embedded in our society.

The man who killed his wife because she laughed at him.

A woman walking on a beach sank above her head in sand.
No other person caused it but it is a case of a gruesome death.

A man in Colorado killed two teens over a purse execution style.

Man puts wife or girl friend in a freezer and locks it. She dies.

These type of stories never end.
its been our human nature ever since Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.Mankind is inherently evil and depraved.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:31 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Time to turn that stuff off and go for a walk outside. Here's a link for your walk outside. I love this song.

https://youtu.be/sSWzDfx1JX4
I've stopped watching news. I scroll through headlines and choose. I don't need to hear or read about every death, abused pet or explosion.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Day after day some story about some gruesome or inhuman causes of death. This need to do more harm than just killing them, they have to make it gruesome, this evil seems embedded in our society.

This is another reason why we don't have cable.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:39 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
I can tell you're not a Discovery ID fan. Some of the things I see on that network are awful.
And yet, we watch. 95% of my television viewing is that damn channel.

Old 08-05-2017, 06:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
I can tell you're not a Discovery ID fan. Some of the things I see on that network are awful.
I agree. Sometimes after two shows I have to switch the channel. As far as gruesome deaths go, freak accidents and awful remorseless people are a reality. The line between alive and dead due to a sudden accident or event is a thin one. I also feel people who do terrible acts of violence at the drop of a hat like in the stories above lack something found in most human beings.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:13 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
Quote:
People are still just animals who have touched the monolith - some can't handle the responsibilities that come with it.
These acts of violence give an alternate meaning to Bloodhound Gang's lyric:
"You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel"

Old 08-05-2017, 09:31 AM

3,133 posts, read 2,257,513 times
I don't agree that these types of events have always happened. They might have rarely happened, but not at the frequency we're seeing them today. Chalk it up to the fact that humans are losing their humanity and devolving into God knows what.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:59 AM

901 posts, read 747,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I don't agree that these types of events have always happened. They might have rarely happened, but not at the frequency we're seeing them today. Chalk it up to the fact that humans are losing their humanity and devolving into God knows what.
Wrong. You just think it is more frequent because it is REPORTED on a 24/7 news cycle. The world is more civilized than it was thousands of years ago, read a book

Old 08-05-2017, 01:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

Any update to that story, btw? Any news at all? Where have the girls gone to live? Any news about the relationship, prior to the crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events