Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 06:31 PM

88,860 posts, read 85,293,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
They lived in a posh neighborhood and her parents were obsessed with how things look.

Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky all have safe-harbor laws where you can abandon an infant at a church, your local fire department or police with no questions asked and no criminal charges filed.
Same here in NJ. A year or so after the Grossberg-Peterson case, that law went into effect, and shortly after, a teenage boy brought an infant into a hospital that he claimed he'd found on a park bench. The baby was wrapped in a dry towel, though, and it had been raining, so it was figured out pretty quickly. The baby was welcomed by the girl's family, and the boy was praised for doing the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:29 PM

33,014 posts, read 36,569,063 times
Good. Everyone should have that opportunity. Maybe they do. There's absolutely no way that I could throw a baby in a dumpster. Never. Ever.

My cradle to grave Catholic father once said that if people objected to abortion, they should be on an adoption list. He was born in 1919. He'd been there and done that.

Back alley and coat hanger abortions kill. Abortion isn't new. It's been around forever.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,869,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It's true. All that hullabaloo about women's nurturing or mothering instinct and bond is just a bunch of malarkey if some man (whom the mother has often known for mere months prior to the pregnancy) can compel her to have an abortion.

/s

Actually I think that in many cases, if not most, abortion and infanticide are the result of a combination of environmental and hormonal factors which is why it should not be considered criminal in the way homicide is.
I agree.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:00 PM

8,901 posts, read 5,400,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

Yeah, I get you are talking about abortion...and we could argue about semantics. But mostly I wanted to ask how a pro-lifer learned about the great big parties we throw for women who have had an abortion? Quite the celebration. Cake, pinatas, lots of booze (cause now she can drink). Lots of fun

No one celebrates abortions...

I just Googled this one ..... you can find out all sorts of stuff that way.

Post-Abortion Celebration Party | Parent Fails: The Proud Parents

Now with this addressed, I've got to wonder why this girl didn't just utilize the Safe Haven option?

Old 08-14-2017, 09:18 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,962,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You have never heard of a young girl being in denial that she is even pregnant to begin with? I remember a girl back when I was a teenager. Friend of a friend. Even after she gave birth she wouldn't look at the baby, said it wasn't hers.

My sister worked in an ER for 20 years. Every so often, they'd get a girl in with severe abdominal pains, denying right up to birth that they were pregnant.

Wow, I just did a little research and sure enough, you're right.
I've honestly never heard of that before.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:32 AM

7,102 posts, read 6,017,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I hope she lives in constant agony for around 30 years and then kills herself one day in prison after years of being destroyed by our prison system. That would be a fitting end for a baby killer.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:54 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,393,992 times
I need a button for all the thread hi-jackers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events