Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times

Advertisements

Hope they catch this guy soon. He obviously has no problems murdering someone and this won't be the last time he tries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Some joggers are a menace. I have seen some of them run right out into traffic just expecting it to stop because they didn't want to break their rhythm and wait for the light to change so they could cross the street.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:09 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
I agree with fitzy: it looks like he let a man pass without incident but deliberately pushed the woman.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:11 PM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Looks to me like he let a man pass without incident but deliberately pushed the woman.
The man was on the curb, the woman was not.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:13 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
The man was on the curb, the woman was not.
So what? And the man was on the side of the curb closer to the jogger than to traffic. The jogger had plenty of room to his left--he could have moved over a step to his left. Even if he hadn't had the room, there was no excuse for pushing her.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:42 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This dude is going to regret doing this. He might face charges and his job will be in jeopardy. I guess this guy owned the jogging path and no one but people running/jogging can use it. I encountered similar people with the bike lanes and jogging/running paths in NYC.
It is very difficult to see exactly what happened in this incident on Putney Bridge, I formed the impression, rightly or wrongly, that his mindset was one of, I am on my daily run, nothing and no one will be allowed to impede me.
When the woman came into his vision, his thoughts presumably were, I will keep on running, I will not deviate from my path, should she get in my way I will run right through her, now I DID NOT see her encroach, or drift into his path, but maybe, just maybe, she imperceptibly did in his mind, and he did just keep going and run into her.
If, as has been said, he used both hands to push her, I didn't see it, neither did I see him turn toward her.
I'm not saying that he definitely didn't, I'm saying that I didn't see him do that.
Finally, how will his job be in jeopardy, unless he gets jail time, and has to quit working because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Hope they catch this guy soon. He obviously has no problems murdering someone and this won't be the last time he tries.
Again, unless introconvertible proof is produced that this was a deliberate preconceived plan to murder the woman, how can you put forth the belief that he'll try to do it again?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:49 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
It is very difficult to see exactly what happened in this incident on Putney Bridge, I formed the impression, rightly or wrongly, that his mindset was one of, I am on my daily run, nothing and no one will be allowed to impede me.
When the woman came into his vision, his thoughts presumably were, I will keep on running, I will not deviate from my path, should she get in my way I will run right through her, now I DID NOT see her encroach, or drift into his path, but maybe, just maybe, she imperceptibly did in his mind, and he did just keep going and run into her.
If, as has been said, he used both hands to push her, I didn't see it, neither did I see him turn toward her.
I'm not saying that he definitely didn't, I'm saying that I didn't see him do that.
Finally, how will his job be in jeopardy, unless he gets jail time, and has to quit working because of that.

Again, unless introconvertible proof is produced that this was a deliberate preconceived plan to murder the woman, how can you put forth the belief that he'll try to do it again?
Let's say he gets caught. You believe his job will want him around with the bad press.. I remember there was a PR lady who was on her way to Africa made a joke about catching AIDS since she was going to Africa and claimed that it wouldn't happen to her since she was White. When her flight landed she was fired. (the joke was on her personal Twitter account).

If you look at ;30 sec to 34 secs, you can see him twist his upper body to the right which knocked the lady over. At the end, the guy connected with the woman and he didn't even bother to stop and help her out. I believe after he did the act he was probably like what the hell did i just do and kept on moving...

Old 08-10-2017, 03:12 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Let's say he gets caught. You believe his job will want him around with the bad press.. I remember there was a PR lady who was on her way to Africa made a joke about catching AIDS since she was going to Africa and claimed that it wouldn't happen to her since she was White. When her flight landed she was fired. (the joke was on her personal Twitter account).

If you look at ;30 sec to 34 secs, you can see him twist his upper body to the right which knocked the lady over. At the end, the guy connected with the woman and he didn't even bother to stop and help her out. I believe after he did the act he was probably like what the hell did i just do and kept on moving...
Okay, I checked it out again, and yes I see it now, he does appear to twist a little to his right immediately before running into/pushing her.
I also noted that she was on the running/cycling path, not the raised walkway, this still doesn't give him licence to knock her aside, but I think that that was his thought process, "You sassy *****, you're on MY track, I'm a runner, you're a pedestrian."
As to his being fired, I can see your point if he's in a meet the clients position for his company, but not if he's a bus driver, bricklayer, or drives a garbage truck.
I can't see commuters boycotting his bus, saying, "Ain't riding with him, he pushed the woman."

Old 08-10-2017, 03:21 AM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
So what? And the man was on the side of the curb closer to the jogger than to traffic. The jogger had plenty of room to his left--he could have moved over a step to his left. Even if he hadn't had the room, there was no excuse for pushing her.
I agree with your conclusion, he did let the man pass. I wasn't making excuses for the jogging man's actions, only stating a fact. The walking man was on a different line than the walking woman.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:43 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Okay, I checked it out again, and yes I see it now, he does appear to twist a little to his right immediately before running into/pushing her.
I also noted that she was on the running/cycling path, not the raised walkway, this still doesn't give him licence to knock her aside, but I think that that was his thought process, "You sassy *****, you're on MY track, I'm a runner, you're a pedestrian."
As to his being fired, I can see your point if he's in a meet the clients position for his company, but not if he's a bus driver, bricklayer, or drives a garbage truck.
I can't see commuters boycotting his bus, saying, "Ain't riding with him, he pushed the woman."
Bad publicity is bad publicity. Look at Uber a lot of people deleted their apps after sexual allegations in the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events