Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 PM

75 posts, read 54,921 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...daughters.html

Quote:
A Utah health teacher has been arrested for allegedly shooting and killing her ex-husband's girlfriend in front of the former couple's twin daughters.

Police said Chelsea Watrous Cook, 32, went to her ex-husband's Salt Lake City apartment on Sunday night to give one of their three-year-old twins cold medicine.

Cook allegedly locked herself in a bathroom when her ex-husband Travis Cook asked her to leave.
Hell really has no fury like a woman scorned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 15 days ago)

36,037 posts, read 18,311,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpolybious View Post

Honestly, men do this MUCH more often than women do it.

Men kill their partners MUCH more often than women do. Just sayin'.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:25 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,551,485 times
Quote:

Then what excuse do men give? Scorned men do way more killing of women than the other way ‘round.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:34 PM

75 posts, read 54,921 times
I just made a joke, no reason to get upset. Anyway, it is really horrible. Wonder why she thought this was a good idea?

Old 11-27-2018, 11:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,165,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Honestly, men do this MUCH more often than women do it.

Men kill their partners MUCH more often than women do. Just sayin'.
True. Except if it would have been a man shooting his ex-wife’s BF at her apartment; they might all be dead.

This link is to a Salt Lake local newspaper; a lot of her students are really upset & they have posted many comments:
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/11/.../#twt-comments

Old 11-27-2018, 11:54 PM

10,411 posts, read 15,657,301 times
Quote:

Well I have some good news and some bad news for this murderer.

1. first the good news she won't receive the death penalty.

2. second the bad news she won't see her daughters grow up either!

Old 11-28-2018, 06:09 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,885,894 times
The girlfriend looks almost like a twin to the ex wife.True that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.At that moment she was in a murderous rage and thought nothing of the consequences at that time.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:11 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,581,470 times
Reminds me of Betty Broderick.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:30 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,629,674 times
Just . . . wow! What was that woman thinking -- or was she insane that she did not seem to realize that shooting would ruin her life, too -- as well as having a very nasty effect on her daughters' lives, also?

Also, as I think that she is also a very physically attractive woman, I also can't help thinking that she might have more than just a touch of narcissism, too -- although prison will probably knock that out of her if that is the case.

P.S. on Edit: I just read some of the comments from the link in one of the above posts, and I do have sympathy for her students -- and maybe there is an explanation that does not tie in with what I wrote, but I just can't think of any reason serious enough for her to kill someone. It does make me wonder, though, how someone can appear to be so sane and then do something like this.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 AM

211 posts, read 118,957 times
Woman shoots man in front of their daughters

Posters on CD: "Oh yeah!! Men kill more people than women do!"

Anyone with half a brain: "Ok, that's not what this story or thread is about, would you like a cookie? Or perhaps mental counseling is in order as your grasp on reality seems to be slipping."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events