Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I read that his mom was in the hospital (they don't have health insurance in China) and he was trying to cover her medical bills-

something we might all want to think about-

and he was planning to propose to his girlfriend-

would he have done these thing if a lot of $$$ wasn't involved.
Why can't he cook meth or start a GoFundMe page like Americans do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 07:13 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
The biggest problem I have with this, is the people they endanger below. I really think people who do this stuff should be charged with reckless endangerment and given stiff prison sentences. I just don't see how this can be allowed.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:06 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I really think people who do this stuff should be charged with reckless endangerment and given stiff prison sentences. I just don't see how this can be allowed.
Uh, they cannot be charged if they're dead.

It's not allowed, this is extremely illegal, but people still do it for the thrill.

He was an "internet sensation", which gets to peoples heads when they have a large following. This is why "prank" videos exist, because they get a massive amount of views.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:16 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Uh, they cannot be charged if they're dead.

It's not allowed, this is extremely illegal, but people still do it for the thrill.

He was an "internet sensation", which gets to peoples heads when they have a large following. This is why "prank" videos exist, because they get a massive amount of views.
I mean they should be charged just for posting it online. It is being allowed. This nonsense needs to be shut down. There is nothing that can be done about people killing themselves, but it's just a matter of time before one of these stunts kills an innocent person, if this is allowed to continue.

I also think YouTube, Weibo and others should be pressured to shut down those type of channels. The websites should not be profiting from this conduct.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Most of her posts are just like that, looking down on others from her high horse. We laugh at stupidity and she doesn't support that lol
Actually, aren't we pretty similar?
Don't you look down from your high horse?
And I laugh at your stupidity.

The difference is you are happy about other people's misfortune, I'm not.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:40 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
How on earth are there people who sit and laugh and mock someone's death? What the heck is wrong with some people? Keyboard sociopaths? I hope that sits well with them

Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
How on earth are there people who sit and laugh and mock someone's death? What the heck is wrong with some people? Keyboard sociopaths? I hope that sits well with them
Does a bird need a high horse?
How dare you suggest that enjoying someone's death isn't normal behavior.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:52 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Actually, aren't we pretty similar?
Don't you look down from your high horse?
And I laugh at your stupidity.

The difference is you are happy about other people's misfortune, I'm not.
nope not even close. I don't look down on others on here and post like you do, you judge posters, I laugh at what people do.

I wish bad things on bad people, I laugh at stupidity, and I believe in karma lol

Old 12-14-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
nope not even close. I don't look down on others on here and post like you do, you judge posters, I laugh at what people do.

I wish bad things on bad people, I laugh at stupidity, and I believe in karma lol
Sure.
I judge posters. Just as you judge people who do stupid things.

Most people define stupidity as stupider than themselves.
As such, I probably laugh more at stupidity than you.

I don't wish bad things on anyone
That's the part I have a hard time accepting. People rooting for bad things to happen thinking they aren't bad people

Old 12-14-2017, 12:02 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:

And we know the man in this video who lost his life is a "bad person"? Please explain.

We can debate if it was stupid...but I don't laugh at stupid.

And karma? Again, please point me to the legitimate source that says karma was in play. Was he a rapist? Murder? Child molester? I mean...it has to be something pretty big for karma to right it by him losing his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events