Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 10:10 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times

Advertisements

Just wow...if someone molested my child I would put a bullet between their eyes without a bit of remorse. If someone broke into my house and had my wife at gun point and I ended up killing them , I would have no remorse. Family first...I don't care about the criminal and it blows my mind that so many feel that these scumbags should have rights. They have clearly indicated they are subhuman and should not be eligible for any rights.

I always wondered how a lawyer could defend a criminal that admitted to his crime. In my eyes the lawyer is as guilty as the criminal. Its like the movie "Devils Advocate".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 10:13 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Just wow...if someone molested my child I would put a bullet between their eyes without a bit of remorse. If someone broke into my house and had my wife at gun point and I ended up killing them , I would have no remorse. Family first...I don't care about the criminal and it blows my mind that so many feel that these scumbags should have rights. They have clearly indicated they are subhuman and should not be eligible for any rights.

I always wondered how a lawyer could defend a criminal that admitted to his crime. In my eyes the lawyer is as guilty as the criminal. Its like the movie "Devils Advocate".
Not that I love the profession, but lawyers defend sex offenders because they believe in our judicial system.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:19 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Not that I love the profession, but lawyers defend sex offenders because they believe in our judicial system.
That should be enough reason to trash it.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:28 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
That should be enough reason to trash it.
Yep. I honestly think some of these defense attorneys do it for other reasons other than trying to defend some monster like this guy. Ego has a lot to do with it. Even John Wayne Gacy had his day in court. He even had a fan club.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

Because the Constitution grants criminal defendants the right to an attorney. Every accused person is entitled to a lawyer, period. If one confesses, it makes the defense lawyer’s job easier because at least they don’t have to put up some BS defense or waste time in a trial (usually). When one confesses it’s better for the defense because the state may then try to negotiate a plea and while a defendant can reject it, a good lawyer will recommend a defendant take the plea (most do recommend). The state basically decides what the punishment will be in that case. They may meet somewhere favorable to each, but the state usually will not go too low on punishment while the defense will not go too high.

Even if there is a trial with a confession, the jury recommends sentencing. So really a defense attorney only has a really tough job when their clients maintain their innocence and they have to go to trial with a defense, and often in sexual assault cases, the defense includes trying to discredit the victim. The vast majority of cases plea, though.

It's rare, but there are falsely accused and erroneously convicted people. There's a National Registry of Exonerations, and many people on it are factually innocent, as in, they didn't do it (and didn't just go free on technicalities). Many have been cleared through DNA testing after the fact. So defense attorneys protect people's rights because everyone has rights, constitutionally, and there are some rare cases where accused people are actually innocent and need people on their side.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Because the Constitution grants criminal defendants the right to an attorney. Every accused person is entitled to a lawyer, period. If one confesses, it makes the defense lawyer’s job easier because at least they don’t have to put up some BS defense or waste time in a trial (usually). When one confesses it’s better for the defense because the state may then try to negotiate a plea and while a defendant can reject it, a good lawyer will recommend a defendant take the plea (most do recommend). The state basically decides what the punishment will be in that case. They may meet somewhere favorable to each, but the state usually will not go too low on punishment while the defense will not go too high.

Even if there is a trial with a confession, the jury recommends sentencing. So really a defense attorney only has a really tough job when their clients maintain their innocence and they have to go to trial with a defense, and often in sexual assault cases, the defense includes trying to discredit the victim. The vast majority of cases plea, though.
Keep regurgitating this over and over. Yeah, even monsters have their day in court. This guy got off easy and somehow the appropriate sentence was delivered after the fact. I KNOW it bothers you, but some of us think he got what he deserved. Now come back with, but, but, but. He didn't deserve to die. Oh well.....

Old 12-21-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Keep regurgitating this over and over. Yeah, even monsters have their day in court. This guy got off easy and somehow the appropriate sentence was delivered after the fact. I KNOW it bothers you, but some of us think he got what he deserved. Now come back with, but, but, but. He didn't deserve to die. Oh well.....
Why does the Constitution and settled law bother you so much?

Old 12-21-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
That's because "you and plenty of others" divide everything into two camps. Your side, and the other side. Anyone who contests your narrow, bigoted view is automatically on the "other" side. You don't listen to what is said, rather you make up a strawman and rail against that.

And I see that many people are still equating pedophiles with child molesters. Amazing.
You nailed it. Tried to rep you but already have recently, can't again.

Just reposting this because some need to see it again.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why does the Constitution and settled law bother you so much?
It doesn't. Sometimes they get it right. Sometimes they get it wrong. Justice was served eventually. Why does a child molester getting his just dues bother you so much. I could probably take a guess. LOL.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
It doesn't. Justice was served eventually. Why does a child molester getting his just dues bother you so much. I could probably take a guess. LOL.
Why do you insist that somehow I'm on the child molester's side and feel bad for him? Seriously, a third person who cannot understand what they are reading.

Incredible that to some people, saying that child molesters and pedophiles don't deserve to die (settled case law) and that every accused person is entitled to an attorney (in the Constitution and expanded on in case law) = she must support child molesters. Intriguing, really. It's amazing the lengths some of you people will go to to suit your agendas and distract from the fact that you clearly can't have actual, logical, rational conversations about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events