Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:46 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,894 times

Advertisements

in baltimore, in very cold weather at night 37 degrees, security workers push a patient in a wheelchair out of the hospital and leave her there on the street in the hospital gown and socks only! she is wandering around. the video is actually hard to watch. sad. i think they should at least have some spare clothes, donated or whatever, something!, instead of just dumping them in the hospital gowns with nothing at all. i know this has happened in other areas, but it sure is hard to see.

a man driving by witnesses and confronts them and helps the woman.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-cap...more-hospital/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
in baltimore, in very cold weather at night 37 degrees, security workers push a patient in a wheelchair out of the hospital and leave her there on the street in the hospital gown and socks only! she is wandering around. the video is actually hard to watch. sad. i think they should at least have some spare clothes, donated or whatever, something!, instead of just dumping them in the hospital gowns with nothing at all. i know this has happened in other areas, but it sure is hard to see.

a man driving by witnesses and confronts them and helps the woman.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-cap...more-hospital/
The guy did exactly what I would have done. Call 911 and have them take her back to the hospital. It's lucky for the hospital she didn't die out there. Then they would have had a wrongful death lawsuit on their hands.

It reminds me of the incident in LA some years ago where hospital staff refused to help a woman who was dying on the floor of the emergency room. That resulted in the hospital being closed down, permanently. Which is probably what should happen to this hospital too. We don't need incompetent hospitals.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 01-11-2018 at 10:38 PM..

Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
So why didn't the nurses do anything? The staff should be charged with a crime and thrown in prison. Even animals are treated better than that. I watched the video, that poor woman is crying.

There is tons of used clothing that can be donated to hospitals. Why aren't they getting any?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,809 times
I hope this was staged, although I don't think it was and can't imagine why someone would want to stage it. It's just too pathetic if it's real, which I guess it is.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I hope this was staged, although I don't think it was and can't imagine why someone would want to stage it. It's just too pathetic if it's real, which I guess it is.
Who would stage this, and why?!!

Trust me, it's not staged. I live in the area, and it is a HUGE deal. All the local news stations are covering this. A high level hospital administrator had a press conference about it to try to reassure the public. We are skeptical when he insists this has never occurred before.

People are seriously outraged about this evil and illegal behavior by the hospital staff. Thank God for that good Samaritan who helped the lady.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The guy did exactly what I would have done. Call 911 and have them take her back to the hospital. It's lucky for the hospital she didn't die out there. Then they would have had a wrongful death lawsuit on their hands.

It reminds me of the incident in LA some years ago where hospital staff refused to help a woman who was dying on the floor of the emergency room. That resulted in the hospital being closed down, permanently. Which is probably what should happen to this hospital too. We don't need incompetent hospitals.
That hospital was most likely King/Drew medical center - what a Pandora's box:

Why supervisors let deadly problems slide - LA Times

Old 01-12-2018, 08:30 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,019,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That hospital was most likely King/Drew medical center - what a Pandora's box:

Why supervisors let deadly problems slide - LA Times

In a statement, the University of Maryland Medical Center said that they "share the shock and disappointment of many who have viewed the video. In the end we clearly failed to fulfill our mission with this patient."

Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
this is nothing, you should see what hospital are doing with their patients out back

Old 01-12-2018, 08:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Should have put her on a nice warm bus to California with a $100 bill.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:44 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Should have put her on a nice warm bus to California with a $100 bill.
And with some clothing, and with about $100,000 for CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events