Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 09:03 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Just to highlight some of this strange behavior!

So, you hear this, your sister isn't Skyping with you, won't allow her to see the kids, stops going to church, starts drinking, having sex with strange people, leaving kids home alone...and you say nothing!?!
The whole family seems to have issues. A lot of kids too. Another poster asked that; this sister has 5 kids and the one on 20/20 has 6. Someone mentioned the brother has 5.

It's really strange that all of the sisters were molested by the same family member. Considering age difference, this must have went on for over a decade. Other family must have suspected and if not they are keeping it a secret for some reason.

Last edited by motownnative; 01-22-2018 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there are reports that law enforcement is going to use cadaver dogs to search current and past homes for possible other children.

That makes sense to me as when I saw they had 10 girls and only 3 boys, my first thought was, "why are there so few male children"?

Seems unlikely to me that a large family would skew so heavily female, but I may be totally wrong about that.
My dad is from a family of 14. There were 10 girls and four boys. I think the boys are children #4, 7, 10, and 13. His father game from a family of nine with seven boys and two girls. The girls were the youngest.

Three out of thirteen boys doesn't concern me. I think if we knew more of the ages of the children, we would know if anyone is missing. We know the oldest child is 29 and the youngest 2. The child before child #13 is 10 years older so around 12. Just guessing 29-12=17 years for twelve children. 17/12= 1.4 years between children so a new baby roughly every 16 months. Once they get birth dates and possibly birth certificates, they can start figuring out if anyone is missing. That ten year baby gap is kind of interesting, but not really all that uncommon in normal families.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:16 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Now when I see the couple staring doe eyed into each other's eyes at the Elvis weddings, I wonder if it could be that they were posting these videos on Facebook to woo and impress potential partners from dating or swinger sites. They went to great lengths to put on this big production depicting how deeply, ecstatically in love they are surrounded by their perfect children. Maybe more likely that was their attempt at wacky, entertaining marketing material to try and get a reality show deal. All of this against the insane backdrop of starving and chaining up their kids in their own feces. I bet these two have narcissistic personality disorder in how they cruelly use their children only as objects-props to make them look good in addition to psychopathy.

Can the story get any more incredibly demented and weird?
Probably. The type of people who would meet random strangers for sex are capable of a lot of weirdness...I didn't think about the videos being for potential swinging partners. I was wondering if they were into something kinky when the sister said it was Louise who unlocked the door when she was in the shower. She then let David in and both wouldn't leave.

They were really secretive even back then. The sister said she was forbidden to tell anyone where she was and was ultimately kicked out of the house as she let coworkers know where she was staying. It may seem like TMI but I think the sister's are saying this publicly for a reason. What ELSE were they hiding? I thought the horror house was plenty....

Sweet Jesus...what a bunch of nutters those poor kids grew up with.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Perris Sibling Support Fund

Old 01-22-2018, 09:39 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
It's not clear what this money will be used for -- who is managing it? The older kids -- certainly the adults, will need the money the most. The older teens and college age kids could use money for education, and the younger kids shouldn't really have as much of a need for money.

This is going to be a problem because the kids who are legally adults won't fit into the foster care system, but obviously need a significant amount of assistance.

The other family members shouldn't necessarily be excluded just because they had been abused, as well. They should, of course, be vetted to insure they are appropriate -- although I don't know what the state will do with the adult children. They absolutely will need a lot of resources.
One of the funds is being managed by a hospital affiliated charitable agency, which is promising that 100% of the funds will be used to the benefit of the victims. The other fund is being managed by the city government, which is promising to turn 100% of the funds collected after a transaction fee, about 97% will be turned over to the County to be used to the benefit of the victims.

Both fund sound pretty legitimate. I doubt that the administrators of the funds will take a chance on negative publicity, if they don't keep their promise to use the funds for the benefit of the kids. I doubt the money will be used for college education. For one thing I don't believe any of them have enough education to go to college at this point. Second, so far only about $10,000 has been collected for each of them. That's hardly enough to pay the cost of college tuition.

I would think their plan at this point is to use the money for food, clothing, and shelter. Without the aid, they would probably be divided up and put in various homeless shelters, at least the adults.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
So, are you saying that you seriously believed that if you called the police and said that your sister stopped going to church and had sex with strange people that they'd send CPS out and remove the kids?
LOL, if they did that they would have to remove at least 50% of this kids in this country.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The Go Fund ME page left a lot to be desired imo in way of explaining why the funds were needed.

It seemed to assume that anyone reading it would know these kids story.

Lots of people don't follow the news or current events. They could have done a much better job of explaining what happened and why these kids need money imo.
"100 percent of all donations received from this campaign account to the County of Riverside to directly benefit the victims of this tragedy."

What more needs to be explained?

Old 01-22-2018, 10:43 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I think if we knew more of the ages of the children, we would know if anyone is missing.
Also, the oldest child was born after four years of marriage.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
My dad is from a family of 14. There were 10 girls and four boys. I think the boys are children #4, 7, 10, and 13. His father game from a family of nine with seven boys and two girls. The girls were the youngest.

Three out of thirteen boys doesn't concern me. I think if we knew more of the ages of the children, we would know if anyone is missing. We know the oldest child is 29 and the youngest 2. The child before child #13 is 10 years older so around 12. Just guessing 29-12=17 years for twelve children. 17/12= 1.4 years between children so a new baby roughly every 16 months. Once they get birth dates and possibly birth certificates, they can start figuring out if anyone is missing. That ten year baby gap is kind of interesting, but not really all that uncommon in normal families.
Their ages are 2, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, and 29.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:42 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Anyone else finding it strange that her family members (siblings) suddenly have all of this info on Louise and David. When the story first broke her sister presented them as a little odd. Her latest interviews are weird, suddenly she knows all of this stuff about their private life. And now there's a brother claiming he knows all about how they wanted to be reality show stars. I think the whole family is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events