Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. —
The owner of a $300,000 Ferrari is suing Marriott International, saying a hotel valet gave his keys to a young man who was trying to impress a woman he just met.Moderator cut: copyright issues
I'm pretty sure the valet is Haywood Jablome.

Last edited by Marka; 01-25-2018 at 01:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 07:54 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I wonder how many people would have hopped in the car and driven it round the block at least once if the valet had brought it up to them?
I think if that happened to me I would take the Ferrari for a spin then come back and tel the valet "this isn't my car" LOL
no way! i would just say that's not my car. why risk it for just a silly "joy ride" around the block. you can't just get into someone else's car and drive it around. not even for the fun of it. especially a car that expensive. what if he crashed it? this is just pure stupidity.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:10 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
1 Star on Google reviews.

Fowler, O'Quinn, Feeney & Sneed, P.A.

"Honestly, dealing with this law firm is one of the top 3 worst experiences of my life. They are an ongoing nightmare that I am trying to escape. I'm an engineer, not an attorney, but I would've taken care of the legal matters I used them for myself if I knew I would go through what I went through with this firm."

...which has zip to do with the issue.

Yeesh, people.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:19 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Something similar almost happened to me. Went to a nice restaurant with a date, we checkout our coats, had a lovely dinner & as we were leaving & at coat check, the attendant was having trouble matching the tickets in her hand to the tickets on the hangers. When a giant fur coat the size of a bear spun around, I joking said, "Oh, that's the one." I thought she would laugh... I was a 20-yr old girl in nice, but casual wear & one would hardly think I owned a Sasquatch sized fur.

She took it off the hanger, brought it over & I told her I was only joking. You can't imagine the look of utter disgust on her face when my jean jacket suddenly appeared & the # matched the ticket. She handed it to me, sans eye contact, as if it were a dishrag.

I took my favorite dishrag, crossed the street & took the bus home, sans Sasquatch. Honest people have no fun.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
He should get a settlement. Do you think it is ok that the valet gave the keys and the car to someone else? The size of the settlement is another matter but he certainly deserves something including punitive damages.

Absolutely. All of the people saying nasty things about the Attorney are just pissed that they can't afford that kind of car. I don't care if it was a piece of crap car, if a valet gave mine to someone else, he and I would be having a serious conversation, nose to nose.

Hope the Attorney scores big to set an example.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:24 AM

30,158 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
He should get a settlement. Do you think it is ok that the valet gave the keys and the car to someone else? The size of the settlement is another matter but he certainly deserves something including punitive damages.
Is this not car theft? The young guy who took the keys clearly knew this was not his car. And the only thing stopping him from who knows what was the police. Lock him up.

Its like if your bank accidentally deposits a large amount of money in your account and you spend it. You go to jail.

As far as suing for everything. Seriously? Is that really necessary. The dude has a $300,000 car and it was not damaged. Does everyone need to sue everyone else just because they can? How about no harm no foul. Give the attorney a lifetime comp at the hotel.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:33 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Is this not car theft? The young guy who took the keys clearly knew this was not his car. Grand Theft Auto. Lock him up take away those keys.

As far as suing for everything. Seriously? Is that really necessary. The dude has a $300,000 car and it was not damaged. Does everyone need to sue everyone else just because they can?
Exactly. This is all about getting his grubby hands on more money. In the grand scheme of things what really happened is he was slightly inconvenienced.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:12 AM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,665,713 times
Why shouldn't the owner be compensated for the repairs? The hotel should have picked up the bill in the first place and comp'd his stay instead of letting themselves in for all this bad publicity. They must have liability coverage for their employees anyway. Several stories also mentioned that the guy who took the car has a suspended license and is suspected of being part of a car theft ring. Big security risk. You don't think the bar association or whoever booked that convention is going to use this hotel ever again?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:37 AM

28 posts, read 13,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Hotel valet accidentally gives $300,000 Ferrari to wrong man

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. —
The owner of a $300,000 Ferrari is suing Marriott International, saying a hotel valet gave his keys to a young man who was trying to impress a woman he just met.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that 73-year-old attorney James “Skip” Fowler parked his yellow 458 Italia Spider outside the Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club last July 27 while attending a lawyer’s convention in St. Petersburg.

Moderator cut: copyright issues
He gave the keys to the wrong man at a lawyer's convention at the hotel.

Court case pending no doubt.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,134 times
is the guy who took the car is going to be charged with grand theft?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events