Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one's blaming society. Some of us are simply explaining what's going through a pregnant teen's mind, in this situation; what kind of mindset leads to such acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 08:39 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
"Hamilton was booked on charges of involuntary manslaughter and endangering physical injury to a child."

From the article. This is insanity. She killed someone, in a horrible way. Basically tortured someone to death. She should get charged with first-degree murder and get the death sentence (since she took someone's life). Every time I hear about these poor little babies dying like this, my heart is broken. My community has an outreach program for teens and others who are pregnant and don't know what to do; I can only wish that all communities have something like that and that people will go to them. It's so awfully heartbreaking to hear of little babies dying in this way. I wish something can be done to stop it from happening ever again. That won't happen though, and more little babies will die in a similar way. It's so awful. What an awful world.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:12 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,593 times
She should be dealt the same fate that innocent baby was dealt.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Same old, same old. "These things happen because of the parents." Give me a break.

She is to blame. But don't worry, bleeding hearts (bleeding for her)--here's something else that'll be the same old, same old: prosecutors will be required to prove that the baby was born alive, because we're supposed to believe that the default is a baby born dead.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:16 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
One of my classmates in the70's did this. There's a mental condition that occurs,from what I understand. Some total self-denial that the baby exists or is even alive. Something like that. Very sad that a girl feels she has no one to go to for help.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:24 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
This is what happens when a society institutionally diminishes the value of an infant's life. After 58 Million abortions, what did you expect ?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:46 PM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Same old, same old. "These things happen because of the parents." Give me a break.

She is to blame. But don't worry, bleeding hearts (bleeding for her)--here's something else that'll be the same old, same old: prosecutors will be required to prove that the baby was born alive, because we're supposed to believe that the default is a baby born dead.
What the. Of course a prosecutor will have to show the baby was alive (it's not that hard; obviously an autopsy will be conducted). That's literally a prerequisite of committing manslaughter, yes? If she improperly disposed of an expelled fetus that died intrauterine, for example, then that clearly isn't manslaughter.

The default isn't assuming a "baby [is] born dead." The default is that in the United State of America the prosecution has the burden to prove a crime was committed and that the defendant is guilty of said crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Call the Founders "bleeding hearts" all you want, but that doesn't change those facts. We still live in a country of laws, no matter how many garbage "off with her head!" posts appear on CD.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
This is what happens when a society institutionally diminishes the value of an infant's life. After 58 Million abortions, what did you expect ?
Should have been 58 million and one, clearly.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 PM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
Besides everything else that other posters mentioned, part of this mentality has to do with our society treating sex as a recreational activity. When you teach an entire generation that sex is about having fun and sticking slot A into slot B, they don't also understand the sacredness of the act, that it's about bringing new life into the world. So when some of them become pregnant, they don't emotionally connect the two. They don't think, "Wow, I conceived a human being." They think, "Where did this thing come from? This wasn't part of the deal."
Truth. This is bang on.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
Besides everything else that other posters mentioned, part of this mentality has to do with our society treating sex as a recreational activity. When you teach an entire generation that sex is about having fun and sticking slot A into slot B, they don't also understand the sacredness of the act, that it's about bringing new life into the world. So when some of them become pregnant, they don't emotionally connect the two. They don't think, "Wow, I conceived a human being." They think, "Where did this thing come from? This wasn't part of the deal."
How ridiculous. Of course sex can be a recreational activity. Sex is not simply "about bringing new life into the world." Any "sacredness" you assign to the act of sex is of your own making. Do no pretend your personal belief on the matter is some sort of universal truth - it comes across as extremely cult-ish and, honestly, makes you sound like someone straight out of Handmaid's Tale.

Last edited by bufflove; 01-27-2018 at 11:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events