Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 07:55 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

The Superbowl game was very exciting beside my team losing.. UGG
but another thing that we all like to talk about the next day are the ads. I think there were some decent ones but a lot of duds.

Here is a link that rates them.
2018 Super Bowl Commercials: Grading the Best and Worst Ads | Bleacher Report

I really liked the one with the Vikings in the RAM truck and the beer ad with the "Bud Knight" he was later seen in the stands with some fans.
The Tide commercials were weird.
The one with Keannu Reaves surfing the motorbike through the desert was also weird.
I don't know what to make of the Doritos with the little guy from game of thrones and Morgan Freeman. I think they should have used the heat miser and cold miser from that 60's Christmas animated TV show.

Were there any stand out commercials for you? Any flops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 08:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I thought that the excruciating long ad for Justin Timberlake's career was horrible

Old 02-05-2018, 08:12 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Best one was Eli and O’Dell dancing Dirty Dancing.

I am showing my age, but the actors lip syncing the rap for Doritos/Mountain Dew didn’t do anything for me.

I felt some of the “we may look different but we are all the same” commercials were a bit heavy-handed.

I prefer funny commercials (unless it’s Apple’s Mac commercial—that one will never be topped). I also like the one for Australia. Danny McBride is so funny!

Old 02-05-2018, 08:24 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I thought that the excruciating long ad for Justin Timberlake's career was horrible

Too funny. That was terrible.

Commercials should be fun and cute, think puppies riding Clydesdales. Those are the ones that are memorable. Who thinks it is a good idea to hit people on the head again and again that we are all the same and that it would be good if we could all get along?

I liked when Doritos ran ads that people had made up themselves. They were fun and refreshing to watch.

We need more of those not the stuffy tales of morality trying to guilt people into buying some product.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:26 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
They seemed a little, "off" this year. I would be happy not seeing that Diet Coke spot again and the Dorito's and Ice Dew. Missed the last Tide spot, after the 1st one, eww. I guess they need as much positive publicity as they can get right now.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:32 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I watched a few this morning and have to say I was disappointed - the ads were usually the best part of the game. I liked the Budweiser - water to relief areas and Alexa wasn't too bad. Pringles, Dirty Dancing and some of the others left me shaking my head wondering who would pay millions to advertise these. But everyone's taste is different.

Agreed - cut the diversity BS - the more you push something on people - especially when they accepts others already of different color religions, gender preferences - makes people annoyed that society has to keep pushing it down their throat.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:39 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
They seemed a little, "off" this year. I would be happy not seeing that Diet Coke spot again....
I felt weird watching the one with the blonde doing the Mango dance. How old was she?

Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
My favorites were --

Alexa (mainly because of Anthony Hopkins)
DeVitos M&Ms (even though I generally hate talking food ads)
the Vikings Dodge ad (although shouldn't they have learned Minnesota didn't make it sooner)
Jeep's Jeff Goldbum ad

I also liked Justin T.'s halftime show although it would have been better for him just to cover a Prince song. I was hoping he'd do "Baby, I'm A Star."

Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Australia took the prize.

Too many dogs to list them all......

Violence seems to have replaced sex.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:16 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
The only two that made me laugh.. The M&M's I don't think I actually laughed at, but I thought it was good.

The Alexa, once Gordon Ramsay popped on, I did actually laugh at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events