Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Not realistic. Let's be reasonable: many middle-schoolers hate school, and anything "educational" along with it. If you tried to make a school dance an "educational" experience, very few kids would go. Unfortunately, it often goes into a completely opposite direction, and turns into a juvenile meat market.

I still think the best solution is to outsource school dances to park districts. The presence of new people a student is unlikely to see again will reduce the popularity contest factor. How do I know? I read cruise reviews written by parents, and they wrote that their normally shy teenage kids felt unusually comfortable in the ship's teen clubs, including at dance nights.
Fundamentally, I'm not in disagreement with you in the cliquishness behavior, just wanted to point out that some places do encourage rotations.

Frankly, when you look at gatherings of those who are supposed to be more "mature" & how fights break out; people get stabbed; or someone shoots up the place, sometimes its hard to tell "who is the more civilized".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 01:55 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Very, very true. But remember: in 6th grade, interactions between sexes are heavily trial-and-error. A boy's self-awareness for learning a lesson from rejections isn't there yet. So, many things have to be taught. Basically, a PG-rated version of the Red Pill for boys, and the equivalent for girls. Which takes me to the next quote...

Not realistic. Let's be reasonable: many middle-schoolers hate school, and anything "educational" along with it. If you tried to make a school dance an "educational" experience, very few kids would go. Unfortunately, it often goes into a completely opposite direction, and turns into a juvenile meat market.

I still think the best solution is to outsource school dances to park districts. The presence of new people a student is unlikely to see again will reduce the popularity contest factor. How do I know? I read cruise reviews written by parents, and they wrote that their normally shy teenage kids felt unusually comfortable in the ship's teen clubs, including at dance nights.

My daughter just had her first school dance around Valentine's day. She's in 6th grade at a rather large school. She said there wasn't one girl/boy couple who danced in 6th grade. The couples that danced were 8th graders. She said all the 6th & 7th graders did was dance in a group with friends, talk, eat snacks and take pictures. It's a social event and young tweens need to learn how to be social. Dances go back years and there's no reason to ban them. If your child doesn't want to participate, it's optional anyway!

Old 03-04-2020, 11:15 AM

158 posts, read 106,405 times
Default School policy forbids kids from saying 'no' when asked to dance

https://www.today.com/parents/sixth-...-dance-t174793

Quote:
That afternoon, when Azlyn got home, she had an "emotional explosion" in the kitchen, while recounting how a boy who makes her uncomfortable had asked her to dance.

“She politely said, ‘No thank you,’” Hobson revealed. The problem? At Rich Middle School in Laketown, Utah, it's against the rules to say "no," and principal Kip Motta allegedly intervened when he heard Azlyn decline the invitation at the dance.

“He said something like, ‘No, no. You kids go out and dance,’” Hobson revealed. “He basically shooed Azlyn and the boy off onto the dance floor.”
What the hell kind of policy is that??? I'd take my daughter out of that backwards school asap!!

Old 03-04-2020, 11:20 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
If I recall, I used to have that same problem back in 4th grade when the PE teacher used to make us square dance....

Old 03-04-2020, 11:24 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Already a thread on this.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:41 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
It's Utah. The goal is to marry young and often and have big families to help support the LDS church.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
When kids are taught and groomed to NOT accept no for an answer, you end up with grownups who have three year tantrums when their choice for president is not chosen.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:53 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

What the hell kind of policy is that??? I'd take my daughter out of that backwards school asap!!
Of course. Never in the lifetime of that child will they ever experience rejection or any sense of disappointment, so this is just preparing them for that utopia.

Being used to no one ever saying, "no", they will force themselves on women in the future who do say "no", as they have been conditioned to never expect rejection and being able to exert their will over others as a matter of course. Rape and violation of women will be assumed to be "natural" and customary (as would be expected in a liberal utopia, which must accommodate Muslim males who consider such actions perfectly normal.

Liberals, being dystopian fascists, cannot comprehend what would be wrong with such a policy.

Want to know the right thing to do? Ask a liberal and do the opposite of what they suggest.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:54 AM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
“Azlyn, will you pray with me?”

Old 03-04-2020, 12:40 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post

Going backwards this wasn't done. The self esteem over all is a result of forward progressive movements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies