Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 06:00 AM

13,249 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

This is incredible video of police chasing a guy who takes a woman car then leads to him running and an officers K-9 taking the suspect down. News now saying the dog lost some teeth from the event looks like he hit the curbing.

VIDEO: K-9 stops suspect in his tracks after wild police chase in Southern California

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...475538003.html

They let him chew on the guy for while see some blood coming from his hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 06:32 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This is incredible video of police chasing a guy who takes a woman car then leads to him running and an officers K-9 taking the suspect down. News now saying the dog lost some teeth from the event looks like he hit the curbing.

VIDEO: K-9 stops suspect in his tracks after wild police chase in Southern California

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...475538003.html

They let him chew on the guy for while see some blood coming from his hand.
Dogs should never be trained to attack suspects. It should be made illegal. Tracking is one thing, biting is another. 1. It's police brutality. 2. It's animal abuse. 3. It's dangerous. Often innocent third parties get attacked. Remember the old woman who was taking her trash out when she was attacked by a police dog? It's just bad policing.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
I watched the video. I don't see where "the police let the dog chew on the guy". I see a police dog doing its job. I also see one police officer trying to restrain the guy while the other works to stop the dog.

Good police work by dog and officers. Makes me proud! What a downright shame the poor perp received a few teeth marks from the bad ol' police dog. If you can't a few injuries, don't do the crimes against us. Were it not for that police dog, that maniac probably would have gotten away.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Puskas will have to retire. I hope he gets a good home. Good dog!.

Neighboring police forces are stepping up to support Puskas recovery. It is kind of neat they see him as an officer wounded int he line of duty.

Santa Ana could use another 200 Puskas.

We lived there for 9 years. It is not a bad city but there is a crime problem in certain areas, mostly gang bangers. WE had 2 200 pound mastiffs. It was amusing to see the terror they put in the bangers, even from four blocks away. They saw the dogs and just ran. OUr daughters could walk freeley about the city as long as the dogs were with them. For whatever reasons big dogs terrify gang bangers. Puskas has helped keep that terror alive - good for him.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Dogs should never be trained to attack suspects. It should be made illegal. Tracking is one thing, biting is another. 1. It's police brutality. 2. It's animal abuse. 3. It's dangerous. Often innocent third parties get attacked. Remember the old woman who was taking her trash out when she was attacked by a police dog? It's just bad policing.

What about the dangers of armed robbery guess no one cares about victims just criminals.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:07 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What about the dangers of armed robbery guess no one cares about victims just criminals.
That is what armed police are for. Siccing a dog on a suspect is just lazy police work. What if the suspect had managed to get to the door of the building, just as someone was coming out the door. The suspect goes in, the innocent bystander comes out, who is going to get attacked by the dog? I guess you don't care about the innocent bystanders who are getting maimed my these police dogs. Also when a suspect or anyone else gets maimed by a police dog, who is going to pay for it? Taxpayers.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
That K-9 dog was not "attacking" the perp. He was chasing down a "runner". The K-9 was just doing what he was trained to do.

Don't want to be brought down by a K-9 dog? The lesson here is... just don't run from the cops. There just is never any point to that.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
That is what armed police are for. Siccing a dog on a suspect is just lazy police work. What if the suspect had managed to get to the door of the building, just as someone was coming out the door. The suspect goes in, the innocent bystander comes out, who is going to get attacked by the dog? I guess you don't care about the innocent bystanders who are getting maimed my these police dogs. Also when a suspect or anyone else gets maimed by a police dog, who is going to pay for it? Taxpayers.
A trained K-9 is only going to chase down the suspect that his handler is telling him to track. A K-9 is not like a fired bullet where an innocent bystander might get hit by.

A trained K-9 should not be confused with some pit bull owned by a ghetto thuggie. There was a funny story last year in FL where a suspect and his pit bull were being chased after by the police. The suspect stopped and ordered his pit bull to attack the police officers... instead the pit bull turned on HIM!!! Too funny!!! And well deserved too.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
Quote:
So you're saying it would be better to just shoot the fleeing suspect? Something tells me a policy like that would open up a whole new can of worms.

Would you rather that person become a hostage? Without the K-9 there, that could easily happen.

Actually K-9's are a very efficient way to deal with a fleeing suspect. A dog can & will take down a suspect, without inflicting fatal or even serious injuries. If the officer has to take him down, there's always the chance of escalating violence and injuries (perhaps even fatal) to each party. There's also the risk of the suspect getting hold of an officers weapon during a wrestling match. Not a good scenario.
As the other poster said, all the suspect has to do is stop and/or not run in the first place. Your apparent concern for the suspect is misplaced at best. Don't forget that a fleeing suspect likely wont care who he hurts, as long as he can get away.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
What if the armed suspect shoots someone trying to get their car so he can run again a few bites on the hand is worth not risking this guy getting away. I have been bitten by a dog ya it hurts but a few stitches not that bad compared to a gunshot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events