Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

The GoFundMe page seems to have been started anonymously, and the associated social media link has now been taken down. I wonder if Stacey approved or even knew about this beforehand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 08:33 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The GoFundMe page seems to have been started anonymously, and the associated social media link has now been taken down. I wonder if Stacey approved or even knew about this beforehand?
It has comments from close family friends as well as updates from the family thanking people for giving. I don't doubt for a second that Stacey knows all about it. She may have even started it herself.

Its also in an article that is mostly from her divorce lawyer.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM

8,236 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbnum3 View Post
There's some stories out there about the genesis of the Kevin-Amy relationship that are downright disturbing. He clearly groomed this girl who didn't have a father figure in her life. Abandoned a wife and four daughters in the process.

Here's the story.

Stacey Esterly confronted husband about relationship with Amy Yu - WFMZ
Yes, she was likely groomed into this for years. She did not likely choose this 'relationship' on her own.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's a real gofundme page that is active, the link in the article went to a weird page for some reason

https://www.gofundme.com/help-suppor...nd-her-4-girls

So doing a bit of my own sleuthing online, it looks like Stacey and her husband owned a concrete business. Odds are that business won't survive without him so she's going to have no income coming in and he took their savings. She and her daughters are certainly more deserving than many gofundme campaigns I've seen.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:34 PM

8,236 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There's a real gofundme page that is active, the link in the article went to a weird page for some reason

https://www.gofundme.com/help-suppor...nd-her-4-girls

So doing a bit of my own sleuthing online, it looks like Stacey and her husband owned a concrete business. Odds are that business won't survive without him so she's going to have no income coming in and he took their savings. She and her daughters are certainly more deserving than many gofundme campaigns I've seen.
She really needs to see a lawyer to protect herself. If the husband did something shady with the business before he took off it could fall back on her, especially if it's in her name as well as his.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:30 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I'd sure like to know how she altered her records to show that he was her stepfather. Students don't have access to their records, and everything is in the computers now, unless her school still uses paper records.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I'd sure like to know how she altered her records to show that he was her stepfather. Students don't have access to their records, and everything is in the computers now, unless her school still uses paper records.
She didn't alter her records. No one at the school checked her records. All they knew was that she'd filled out the form that asked for the names of authorized adults to check her out of school, with his name. No one back-referenced that with other records.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:07 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Homeland Security says 'viable lead' launched operation to rescue missing Allentown teen

A joint operation by U.S. and Mexican authorities to capture a married man and a 16-year-old Allentown girl came together quickly Saturday morning after a tipster reported the two were staying in an apartment near Cancun, according to officials with Homeland Security’s office in Mexico City.

Twelve days after Kevin Esterly, 45, of Lowhill Township, and Amy Yu, a high school sophomore, fled to Mexico, federal authorities received what they believed to be a “viable lead” and “launched an operation to rescue Yu,” Homeland Security officials said in a statement.

Esterly and Yu bought one-way tickets from Philadelphia to Cancun less than a month after police said they discovered the two were having a “secretive relationship.”

Teaming up, investigators with Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals Service and Mexican federal police set up surveillance Saturday morning in Puerto Morelos, a resort town south of Cancun, and kept watch on the apartment, according to a statement issued Tuesday.

After spotting movement inside an apartment that indicated Esterly and Yu were inside, Mexican police and U.S. marshals made entry and rescued the teen and arrested Esterly, the officials said. A photo taken by U.S. marshals shows a handcuffed and smiling Esterly being guarded by Mexican police.

The apartment was processed and evidence was collected, Homeland Security officials said, but they did not detail what was found inside and who now has that evidence.

Esterly was deported to Miami on immigration violations, where he waived extradition and agreed to return to Lehigh County to face a felony count of interfering with the custody of a child.

During Esterly’s extradition hearing on Monday, Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge Mindy Glazer explained that if he agreed to waive extradition, Allentown police would have 15 days to pick him up, and if they did not do so, he would be released.

Court records in Florida list a second extradition hearing for April 3, which may be in the event that Esterly is not picked up by Allentown or Lehigh County authorities. District Attorney Jim Martin said Tuesday that he has no timeline on when he expects Esterly to be returned.

Martin also said the investigation is ongoing.

Experts say that depending on what happened in Mexico and what investigators learn about Esterly’s relationship with Yu, he can face much more serious charges, possibly federal ones.
Homeland Security says 'viable lead' launched operation to rescue missing Allentown teen - The Morning Call

Old 03-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She didn't alter her records. No one at the school checked her records. All they knew was that she'd filled out the form that asked for the names of authorized adults to check her out of school, with his name. No one back-referenced that with other records.
She altered the records in that she retrieved the record her mother had submitted, and added Esterly on as a stepdad, and handed the record back to the records clerk.

That form is a record. After her mother submitted it correctly in September, she got it back and changed it.

This must happen with real regularity - and wouldn't raise an eyebrow until the newly added man keeps checking her out of school all the time. THAT should have raised a flag in itself, whether or not the record had been altered recently.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:00 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Parents normally do that, any self-respecting school wouldn't accept that information from a student.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events