Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

So US law enforcement can enter Mexico to nab this guy in some big joint operation, but they cant touch the drug cartels who consistently ship enough drugs into the US to keep the entire nation supplied, and numerous cities and states have heroin epidemics? LOL GEEZ, what a waste of tax payer money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 12:00 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So US law enforcement can enter Mexico to nab this guy in some big joint operation, but they cant touch the drug cartels who consistently ship enough drugs into the US to keep the entire nation supplied, and numerous cities and states have heroin epidemics? LOL GEEZ, what a waste of tax payer money!
They didn't have to enter Mexico. Homeland Security has an office in the US Embassy in Mexico. I think it's all a waste of taxpayer money. I don't really care about catching this guy or about the drug cartels. The quickest way to put the drug cartels out of business would be to legalize drugs and manufacture them here. Then tax it.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:52 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
More info from the wife.

Wife of Kevin Esterly who ran off to Mexico with teen speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-25-2018, 02:34 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Update, gone missing again. Maybe just let her be?

Pa. Teen Who Vanished to Mexico with 45-Year-Old Married Man Is Now Missing Again

Quote:
Four months after being found in Mexico with a 45-year-old married man after an international search, a Pennsylvania teen is now missing again, PEOPLE confirms.

PEOPLE confirms that Amy Yu, 16, was reported missing Monday morning after allegedly fleeing a residential program for at-risk youth.

A press release from the Pennsylvania State Police states Yu was last seen leaving Vision Quest in Franklin with two other girls: Nicole Richard, 17, and Ajah Linares, 16.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Update, gone missing again. Maybe just let her be?

Pa. Teen Who Vanished to Mexico with 45-Year-Old Married Man Is Now Missing Again
I'm a little surprised to read he's still in jail awaiting the outcome of the court case. I would have thought he'd have bonded out. Guess not.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:10 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm a little surprised to read he's still in jail awaiting the outcome of the court case. I would have thought he'd have bonded out. Guess not.
He may not have any place to go. The wife is divorcing him. He spent their money. Who would hire him at this point? Jail is probably just as good of a place for him right now as any other place.

The young lady will probably be allowed to be out on her own after this. She is 16 and almost an adult. It is going to be a hard life for her.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
His bond is half a million dollars. He had to steal a couple of thousand from his wife (now ex-wife) just to make the trip to Mexico. He is not going to be out of jail for another 20 years or so.

The tragedy of this is what a waste of taxpayer money it is. We have probably already spent a million dollars to track them down to Mexico and bring them back, and now for his trial. After this we are going to have to spend another million dollars to lock him up for the next 20 years.

What have we accomplished with all this? Pretty much, zero. The girl is at large again, in perhaps a much more dangerous situation. We are now paying room and board for him, instead of him paying taxes. The government has got to stop meddling in people's personal lives. It's a lose - lose situation. No matter what we do, kids are going to continue to run away from home and old men are going to continue to run away with teenage girl's when they have the opportunity. It's just a waste of tax money, for nothing. This is how we end up with more prisoners than the entire rest of the world combined.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
His bond is half a million dollars. He had to steal a couple of thousand from his wife (now ex-wife) just to make the trip to Mexico. He is not going to be out of jail for another 20 years or so.

The tragedy of this is what a waste of taxpayer money it is. We have probably already spent a million dollars to track them down to Mexico and bring them back, and now for his trial. After this we are going to have to spend another million dollars to lock him up for the next 20 years.

What have we accomplished with all this? Pretty much, zero. The girl is at large again, in perhaps a much more dangerous situation. We are now paying room and board for him, instead of him paying taxes. The government has got to stop meddling in people's personal lives. It's a lose - lose situation. No matter what we do, kids are going to continue to run away from home and old men are going to continue to run away with teenage girl's when they have the opportunity. It's just a waste of tax money, for nothing. This is how we end up with more prisoners than the entire rest of the world combined.
I partially agree, and I think the age of consent should be 16.

It would be interesting to see if this girl can turn her life around and return to the mainstream. I don't really see the point of keeping this man in prison.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:41 PM

Well she is back in custody... for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2rjZ9kcOio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events