Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 01:21 AM

37,085 posts, read 41,201,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That doesn't mean that everyone can instantly recognize a black duffle bag as a pet carrier, especially when it is partially underneath a seat and between someone's legs.
A flight attendant absolutely should be able to tell, especially when it has an animal in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 06:08 AM

15,389 posts, read 9,029,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
United handles guitars as well as it handles dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
That was recorded nine years ago. In nine years they have gone from breaking guitars to physically assaulting their passengers, to killing their pets. Yet millions of people still fly with them. I can't wait to see what that crap airline will be like in another nine years.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 AM

34,950 posts, read 16,929,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That was recorded nine years ago. In nine years they have gone from breaking guitars to physically assaulting their passengers, to killing their pets. Yet millions of people still fly with them. I can't wait to see what that crap airline will be like in another nine years.
They pretty much dominate some airports such as KEWR and KDEN. While other airlines use those places sometimes you can't get from here to there without them.

In the case of that video the country-rock group was trying to get from Halifax,NS to Lincoln, NB. Not many other choices. And the guitar was wrecked during the transfer.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:33 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,363,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm going to be travelling soon with my cat on a flight and I am worried about this. I did research well in advance and chose an airline that gives me the best chance of having no problems. The airline has agreed to allow my pet onboard under the seat in front of me in her airline approved soft carrier. I have paid the fee they require. I have done all my due diligence and this trip must be made (moving).

When the day arrives I am going to be on edge all day wondering what people are thinking and I'm almost expecting some sort of confrontation. Especially if my cat starts meowing or something. I think I'll be have a few drinks on this flight to try and relax.
But what about other passengers, like my DH, who are allergic to cats? So you are going to put this cat under his seat?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What?! That would be ridiculous if they charge the FA with a crime. If anyone, it is the pasanger who should be charged. She was the one who made the choice to put the dog in the overhead bin. Just because the FA supposedly told her to does not absolve her from any crime that may have happened.

Its as if no one cares about personal responsibility anymore. Just blsme your idiotic mistakes on someone else.
The FA choose to violate her company's policies and made a passenger put her live dog in an airtight compartment. The FA abused her position of power and therefore is guilty of animal abuse. You prefer to blame the victim, but that is not the way the law works. The FA must be held accountable for her actions.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I’m wondering, after take-off, couldn’t the owner have stood up, opened the overhead bin and
retreived the dog? Especially if the owner heard the dog whimpering. Probably would have saved it’s life.
If she had done that, the flight would have turned around and returned to the airport and the woman would have been arrested and charged with, 49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants. The penalty for which is 20 years in prison. She could also be subject to a severe beating by airline's police.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:53 AM

13,396 posts, read 28,704,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Keep in mind that the same sedatives that will relax an animal may contribute to breathing problems (overly "relaxed" breathing muscles), especially if an animal has been disgustingly bred to have certain features (to please some humans that find a feature "cute") that make it already difficult to breathe, such as the breed that the mother/passenger brought aboard the United flight.
That is why I said ask your vet! I would never by an over the counter med to give to my cat.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,077,896 times
Make sure your pet is up to date on its vaccines, and leave it in a kennel while you are away. It is obviously a much better and safer experience for everyone. Moving? Unless its overseas, move via car with your animal.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:28 AM

35,564 posts, read 17,906,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Make sure your pet is up to date on its vaccines, and leave it in a kennel while you are away. It is obviously a much better and safer experience for everyone. Moving? Unless its overseas, move via car with your animal.
That would be an interesting study.

ARE dogs safer in a licensed kennel than if the passenger buys a dog a ticket for the cabin and puts the dog in a regulation pet carrier and intends to store the dog under the cabin seat?

Which is a better bet?

Old 03-17-2018, 07:39 AM

50,670 posts, read 36,368,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
But what about other passengers, like my DH, who are allergic to cats? So you are going to put this cat under his seat?
People can't be forbidden from flying with pets due to that. I would go to doc and take preventative measures before flying. My mother is allergic to perfume, but the world doesn't bend to accommodate that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events