Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 07:45 AM

50,489 posts, read 36,126,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If she had done that, the flight would have turned around and returned to the airport and the woman would have been arrested and charged with, 49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants. The penalty for which is 20 years in prison. She could also be subject to a severe beating by airline's police.
And she'd be getting torn apart for it here on CD by the same people tearing her apart here who just love to blame the customer when one is mistreated. That poor Chinese man they dragged off the flight stood up to them and people (some) blamed him for his injuries for not complying with authority.

What upsets me is many of the same type people are probably attacking this woman in social media and probably even real life. The poor girl is probably hearing "My dad says your mom is an idiot who murdered your puppy" at school. The coldness and lack of compassion in favor of fault finding and pitchfork-grabbing is very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Make sure your pet is up to date on its vaccines, and leave it in a kennel while you are away. It is obviously a much better and safer experience for everyone. Moving? Unless its overseas, move via car with your animal.
Yes a long road trip with one adult, a child, an infant and a puppy through snow-covered states sounds waaay safer. I can't imagine why she didn't want to do that.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 03-17-2018 at 07:57 AM..

Old 03-17-2018, 07:54 AM

19,491 posts, read 12,122,052 times
Quote:
That was recorded nine years ago. In nine years they have gone from breaking guitars to physically assaulting their passengers, to killing their pets. Yet millions of people still fly with them. I can't wait to see what that crap airline will be like in another nine years.
It's amazing what people will put up with for the sake of convenience.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That would be an interesting study.

ARE dogs safer in a licensed kennel than if the passenger buys a dog a ticket for the cabin and puts the dog in a regulation pet carrier and intends to store the dog under the cabin seat?

Which is a better bet?
How does the dog get to their new home from the kennel?? On vacations most people don't take their pets but when moving they have to.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,922,688 times
Quote:
The FA choose to violate her company's policies and made a passenger put her live dog in an airtight compartment. The FA abused her position of power and therefore is guilty of animal abuse. You prefer to blame the victim, but that is not the way the law works. The FA must be held accountable for her actions.
The only victim here is that dog who died because his owner lacked the guts to step between him and danger. I worry about those two kids of hers, because she may wind up in a situation where she needs to step between them and danger, even if that means her own life is compromised.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:17 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
The FA choose to violate her company's policies and made a passenger put her live dog in an airtight compartment. The FA abused her position of power and therefore is guilty of animal abuse. You prefer to blame the victim, but that is not the way the law works. The FA must be held accountable for her actions.
Yep. I am shocked by how many people are still blaming the victim, the owner. How easy it is to judge from the comfort of one's living room. And BTW, for everyone who said she didn't stand up for the dog, she did. Several times. What exactly was she supposed to do? Deplane, lose all her money, possibly without the funds to take a last minute flight for three people, baggage, and the puppy? Last minute tickets are exorbitantly expensive. A lot of people wouldn't have the money to pay for them. Plus she had no way of knowing the dog would suffocate. Many reasonably intelligent people would assume the compartment wasn't airtight. It still might not be. The fault if the flight attendant's. How hard is it to comprehend?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:48 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Make sure your pet is up to date on its vaccines, and leave it in a kennel while you are away. It is obviously a much better and safer experience for everyone. Moving? Unless its overseas, move via car with your animal.
Considering 100% of the travel I do with my dog is because of my dog, that's not an option. When I travel for pleasure, I leave my dogs with a pet sitter.

Stop trying to tell people how to live their lives based on how you think it should be lived. Airlines allow pets in the cabin. You can either convince them to stop that practice or start your own petless airline.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:57 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,151,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yep. I am shocked by how many people are still blaming the victim, the owner. How easy it is to judge from the comfort of one's living room. And BTW, for everyone who said she didn't stand up for the dog, she did. Several times. What exactly was she supposed to do? Deplane, lose all her money, possibly without the funds to take a last minute flight for three people, baggage, and the puppy? Last minute tickets are exorbitantly expensive. A lot of people wouldn't have the money to pay for them. Plus she had no way of knowing the dog would suffocate. Many reasonably intelligent people would assume the compartment wasn't airtight. It still might not be. The fault if the flight attendant's. How hard is it to comprehend?
Yes how hard is it, for anyone with a little common sense to comprehend? Overhead bins that latch, are where we place tote bags or laptops- not pets, or small children. The owner of an animal just like a parent of a child is their ultimate first line of protection. People might do something completely non sensical to your pet or child- such as stuff them in an overhead bin. It is then upon the pets owner, parent to speak up for their defenseless pet.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:59 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Keep your pets at home. If pets were meant to fly, they would have wings instead of 4 legs.
Passengers who insist on taking their pets, need to be 100% +100% aware that it is their risk and risk to the pet. Owner's liability if their pet hinders the FA's, passengers, smells, allergies, and other flight safety.

A pet carrier under the seat. Gotta be a very very small animal. Maybe a snake?
sorry this is not always possible. What about people moving across country and flying their pets with them? There are many reasons why people can not leave their pets at home. Regardless whether the little guy could have been left at home or not, this is a horrible and so very sad story.

I wonder how it would work if you were told, cause you have allergies you can not fly, cause there could be something on the plane you are allergic too. Maybe you should stay home.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 AM

227 posts, read 257,167 times
The whole story is depressing. It is also why I'll never put my pets on a plane. I can't imagine why this FA thought it was a good idea and I can't believe the puppy's owner just went along with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events