Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:39 AM

911 posts, read 262,315 times

Advertisements

Horrible.......... Thank goodness the baby is ok!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 06:42 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
That doesn't appear to be a police officer that was kneeling near the baby, it was a gentleman dressed in civilian clothes, and he wasn't the one filming. He repeatedly asks someone (filming guy?) if they called 911 while he directed another bystander ('Dominic') to get a blanket from his car. Perhaps the gentleman was initially concerned the baby had an injury (neck/spine) and shouldn't be moved, but then instinct told him to pick the baby up? That would by my initial conclusion and concern; car accident, baby thrown from vehicle, be cautious about injuries. Because who expects to find a baby randomly crawling in the road as this poor child was?
I would take a moment to pick up the baby too. Just to assess injuries, see if a parent was around, and just to take in the situation. And the footage is going to help with the police and child services investigation. The guy filming seemed like an idiot though and was making it all about himself.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:20 AM

911 posts, read 262,315 times
Thats what most ppl do now...... They dont care @ all about whats happening..... Really very sad...... All about making a joke out of it and plastering it online for all to see

Old 03-21-2018, 12:58 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
How on earth does a 27 year old pay for and handle four kids under the age of five with TWO under the age on one?
Off topic. However 27 is close to 30. Do you consider 27 in the same vein as a teenage mother?

Old 03-21-2018, 01:03 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Any updates on how mother and the baby is doing? I guess once they're in foster care, the social workers make sure they have privacy. But what about the mom? How does she feel about having her kids taken from her? She has to live with that, now.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I would take a moment to pick up the baby too. Just to assess injuries, see if a parent was around, and just to take in the situation. And the footage is going to help with the police and child services investigation. The guy filming seemed like an idiot though and was making it all about himself.
As an adult male, I wouldn't go anywhere near an unattended baby or child. I don't need to be spending any time in prison.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:46 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I can understand why someone might not want to get himself into a situation that could cause him to be blamed. But if it were me, even if I was afraid to pick up the child, for fear of self-incrimination or aggravating any unseen injury the child might have; I would want to stop the baby from continuing to crawl, and make sure no car barreled into him, call for help and make sure I stayed there until help arrived. I would personally really want to lift him off the cold pavement and hold him, to reassure him and keep him warm, though.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:02 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I can understand why someone might not want to get himself into a situation that could cause him to be blamed. But if it were me, even if I was afraid to pick up the child, for fear of self-incrimination or aggravating any unseen injury the child might have; I would want to stop the baby from continuing to crawl, and make sure no car barreled into him, call for help and make sure I stayed there until help arrived. I would personally really want to lift him off the cold pavement and hold him, to reassure him and keep him warm, though.
After a few moments, someone did pick up the baby. They just took a moment to do it. I don't think they did anything wrong. That's all I was saying.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:16 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Dave Chappelle does a bit in his standup about a baby selling crack on a ghetto corner in the middle of the night. This story made me think of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events