Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:26 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,606,099 times

Advertisements

Best thread ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 02:34 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is the worse comment made here. Isn't the purpose of a cell phone to be able to use it when you're not at home? Think about it. Think hard. Think, think, think.

It's amazing isn't it..... how much faster fingers on a keyboard are, compared to working brain cells.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:58 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is the worse comment made here. Isn't the purpose of a cell phone to be able to use it when you're not at home? Think about it. Think hard. Think, think, think.
Not judging this guy because it is very sad that he died reaching for his cell phone, but it does bother me when people need to use their cell phones in a movie theater. The ones who just text don't bother me, but you know the ones, who think the world revolves around them and need to talk on the phone during the movie. They should be the ones getting their heads stuck.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:01 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
LOL, The posts from people that miss the sarcasm are always entertaining. And then the posts
where they get mad when others point out that they missed it are extra fun.
One (or more) in every crowd.

I'm not going to continue to argue this as we are getting off point. I'll just say I got several PMs saying the poster has made strange claims in the past and agreed with me that he/she appeared to be serious. If the poster was joking putting a next to the post removes all doubts. Without it we are left to interpret if they were serious or not.

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop treating me like I'm an idiot or claim that I acted as if I was mad when I wasn't.

Thanks

Old 03-23-2018, 03:04 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Not judging this guy because it is very sad that he died reaching for his cell phone, but it does bother me when people need to use their cell phones in a movie theater. The ones who just text don't bother me, but you know the ones, who think the world revolves around them and need to talk on the phone during the movie. They should be the ones getting their heads stuck.
I can't remember anyone every doing that, this would drive me crazy.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:29 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This may be the strangest post I've read all day. Who is going to go to the movies and stand for 2 hours?
You weren't around for the very first installment of "Star Wars" there were lines BLOCKS long and 5-6 hour waits were NOT uncommon....

Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm not going to continue to argue this as we are getting off point. I'll just say I got several PMs saying the poster has made strange claims in the past and agreed with me that he/she appeared to be serious. If the poster was joking putting a next to the post removes all doubts. Without it we are left to interpret if they were serious or not.

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop treating me like I'm an idiot or claim that I acted as if I was mad when I wasn't.

Thanks
I must confess that I wasn't completely sure if that post was sarcasm, or not, when I first read it. Like you, I rely on these for a clue if the posters intent isn't quite clear. Easy to misinterpret some folks writing.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:06 PM

423 posts, read 288,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Do you always leave your phone at home?

I fail to see how picking up a dropped phone means he was obsessed with it. Would you expect him just to leave a it on the floor?

The accident really has nothing to do with the phone. He could jave just as easily dropped his wallet, keys, sunglasses, etc.
I don't even have a phone. I have a clam phone and I leave it at home. I leave my laptop at home also. I endorse Crispy Reality, not 'digital' reality.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:10 PM

423 posts, read 288,755 times
That because most of you all are glued to your Iphones. I have ridden my horse along a trail, stepped him off the trail so people could pass. Most are so glued to their phones they do not even notice a horse standing in the woods. A horse!

Old 03-23-2018, 04:16 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
I don't even have a phone. I have a clam phone and I leave it at home. I leave my laptop at home also. I endorse Crispy Reality, not 'digital' reality.
Obviously, we should all live our lives the exact same way you do.

I'm also going to guess you're over 60. If you were younger and had a career or young kids, you'd have your cell phone with you all the time.

I have 3 young children and going without a cell phone is not an option for me. It's just not. There could be an emergency with my kids at home or school and I need to have a way to be contacted.

Just because you can live your life without a cell phone doesn't mean everyone else can or should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events